“I loved this place!”

Agecroft Hall
Ranked #15 of 172 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Agecroft Hall is an authentic 16th century English manor house. It was was taken apart,shipped across the Atlantic, and reassembled in Virginia in the 1920s. Today Agecoft Hall is open for tours, special events, educational programs, and is home of The Richmond Shakespeare Festival.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“I loved this place!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you like history or beautiful old homes, this is a great place to spend an hour or two.
The tour guide was very informative and since it was just my husband and I on the tour, she let us ask as many questions as we wanted and was more than happy to answer. I must saw I was very impressed with some of the things the hall has, like the original pardon to the founder of Agecroft with the Queen's seal.
Touring here and walking in the gardens made my husband and I very excited for our trip to England later this year.
We both highly recommend Agecroft Hall!

Visited April 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem in Richmond”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I visited last weekend after receiving a recommendation and am so glad I went. The grounds are beautiful and the estate is worth the tour. Our tour guide had lots of small facts that I hadn't known about before. The grounds preserves the English feel of the estate's original location and is a great place to meander around on a nice spring or fall weekend.

Visited April 2014
Durham,NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My Favorite Place in Richmond”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you have any interest in English history and Shakespeare, do not miss Agecroft Hall. The setting is beautiful, the home is lovely and fascinating and the guide was extremely well informed. An historian, she was originally from Lancashire, just like Ashcroft Hall. Our visit was both educational and enjoyable.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Margaret H
York, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fascinating - don't miss it”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I visit and tour old houses/mansions every chance we get. We found Agecroft Hall to be particularly interesting due to the fact that it was originally built in England, dismantled, transported across the ocean, and reassembled here. The history lesson that comes along with the tour is a bonus. If you have the time, be sure to visit the home.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank FDSJr
Milton, Massachusetts
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“What a tour !”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is worth the trip if you find transplanted English manor houses interesting. The house is so impressive, as are the gardens. We had one of the most thorough tours we can remember at Agecroft. It's like you're in a different world.

Visited November 2013