“Excellent food, trendy setting”
Review of Balliceaux

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Balliceaux
Ranked #683 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Very Hip, Interesting And Edgy Menu, A Bit Snooty, But Excellent Food.
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

We had a very good experience at Balliceaux last Saturday evening. We ate early and avoided a rush at 6pm. Service was average, but we enjoyed an excellent cheese plate appetizer and my jumbo shrimp entree was very good. Nice beer selection with some local options. The atmosphere seemed trendy with fun attention to detail in the wall flowers. It is a tight fit into the narrow booths and the noise can get high with the crowd, but we enjoyed ourselves and will return for special occasions.

1  Thank timwm_3
There are newer reviews for Balliceaux

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Saturday at 8pm reservation. Narrow front room with tight booths and tables together for large party. Bar area. We were led to rear room (again with a bar) past serving station. Rear room with concrete walls and full of bar patrons made for a very noisy experience. Casual servers with only the basic skills. Unprepared for sophisticated wine service. Starter was winter potato soup and came barely heated. Main was duck leg, pork belly and sausage/lentil mix. Salt level was off the chart! Too noisy to have dinner conversation. Guess this place is better suited to a quick meal before spending your time at the 2 bars. Too bad. Hoped for a great meal, but it didn't really happen.

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

The decor in this restaurant is so much fun, with such focus on the details. After you finish taking in the atmosphere the menu has a bountiful wine list and delish drinks created by the mixologist. I love the food here and the portions are big so I usually get a small plate. Their sandwiches are large on thick bread and I highly recommend both types of fries. Last time I went I got the tofu curry and the sauce was awesome with a hint of lemongrass. The server was very knowledgable and friendly. This place is fun for a date or grabbing drinks with friends. It fun to go on nights when a band is playing.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

The Food is fresh, eclectic, beautifully prepared and with vegetarian choices that will really impress. The wine list is excellent and the service impeccable. I am not a vegetarian but the selections were so interesting I decided to go all in and only choose from those options. My meal was outstanding. Thank you to Sarah who served me with humor and insight. The ambiance was modern, hip and very comfortable. The restaurant is in a great residential suburb called The Fan and parking is a challenge for a first timer. I was lucky to find an off street lot that was not time limited but you may want to plan in advance for this contingency.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We dropped in for a late lunch and got the best of the food without the wait for dinner. Good menu choices, they were out of some things, but it's not a chain, so that's okay by me.

Been to Balliceaux? Share your experiences!