“Amazing meal on weekend trip to RVA”
Review of Balliceaux

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Balliceaux
Ranked #708 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Very Hip, Interesting And Edgy Menu, A Bit Snooty, But Excellent Food.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This place was awesome. We arrived a little before our reservation and sat at the bar. The bartender was extremely nice and helpful. We also watched them make drinks and just about every ingredient that went into the drinks looked fresh.

Dinner was amazing. We ordered the bacon wrapped chiles for starter and they were delicious. We ordered Duck and the Filet for main courses and both were out of this world.

The vibe in the restaurant is also very cool.

Highly recommend this place if you're in the Richmond area.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is a neighborhood place for me, and I went there quite regularly until some marginal experiences got me out of the habit.

I gave it another chance when a friend was visiting and wanted to experience the "city" (and after I checked out some more recent reviews).

We went for a drink and appetizers about 8 pm on a Friday night, which was good because we could not be seated without a reservation and a private party had filled the back room.

We stood at the bar and enjoyed a few drinks (including the non-alcoholic ginger beer since she was driving - it was great!) and the truffle fries. The bartender was great and we enjoyed ourselves despite standing for an hour and a half.

I look forward to going back and trying more of the menu. And making a reservation first!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I think they only thing you can say bad about Balliceaux is that it's popular which potentially translates into "CROWDED". This still does not take away from its appeal to many who visit this ultra chic restaurant. What's the draw? Good food/drinks, excellent interior design, large back room which can be used for many things (i.e. listening to great bands, private parties,etc..) Strangely, it does remind of restaurants you might find in New York City. Also, this establishment draws a very diverse crowd across race, age and cultures which also makes it feel like you're in a big city restaurant. Can't say enough good things about it. This is definitely in my top 10 restaurants in the Richmond area.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I'm not really sure how the food was - my party of four went on a Saturday evening, without a reservation, and it was CROWDED. The food must be halfway good because it stayed packed the entire time. The hostess did the best she could to accommodate us, but the "30 minute wait" turned into about an hour and a half. Once we got seated, we were only spoken to once in about 20 minutes and our order was never taken before we decided to leave. I noticed that none of the patrons in the restaurant were really eating, so I'm unsure if the kitchen was just backed up - or couldn't handle the rush. I might try this place again because I have heard good things, but I won't go in there without an expectation of at least two hour wait. I'm frustrated because I think it would be good but the wait just wasn't worth it.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Balliceaux with its unique and interesting menu and adult beverages is a great place for dinner with friends and dates. I often get the fish or scallops special and am never disappointed. The service can be inconsistent (slow and seemingly disinterested sometimes and just right others) but I keep going back. Late at night, live music is available in the back.

Been to Balliceaux? Share your experiences!