“Unexpectedly clean, safe, quite, and friendly staff. Sonia from the help desk is so professional and helpful.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of WoodSpring Suites Richmond West

WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Ranked #42 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Expected a normal place given the price. Got the best deal in town and way better safety, cleanliness, friendly staff,... etc. I moved in after using a high end extended stay that was so crowded and busy; I then found out that clue place offers cheaper but way better services.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
I am very happy that you have been enjoying your stay with us! We always try to provide the best service at the best price possible. I hop that you will think of Value Place if you ever find yourself in need of this kind of lodging again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

They have a new manager at this location now Sonya, she's very good at her job waaaay better than the previous one. The building is pretty new and updated. Minimal furnishings, but overall very nice. They're furniture is upgraded from other Value Places I've stayed at. The location is excellent, only a short drive from the airport & their stafff is sweet. Rachel is always smiling. Don't look any further, stay with them.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank butterfly092970
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
We are very pleased that you've enjoyed your stay with us. We are also glad that you enjoyed the new furnishings we have at this property. We hope that you will consider staying with us any other time you need a place to stay.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place looks and feels cold. It is clean and that is important but everything is stripped to the bear minimum... I received the bate and switch on the rate. Advertised even today to $229/week. My bill with just supposedly internet came to $273 and they wouldn't honor their special nor give a refund. After week one, they shut off my internet and demanded that I bring them $10 additional dollars for it. Missed online work meeting because they where closed. Manager has no customer service skills, there's no accessible corporate office and area manager still hasn't responded. What a nightmare. Not a good value at all...

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hjremedy
We appreciate your feedback and take all customer feedback very seriously. The rate advertised on the outside of the building does not include any state and county taxes that we are required to collect. Our model is a little different than most hotels. At Value Place you only pay for what you want. We don't have a lot of frills because we have found that most of our guests don't want or won't use them. We pride ourselves on being clean and safe our guests.

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

The manager, Rita, was extremely helpful. Because the requirements to stay are a little different from other hotels, she was thorough in explaining the $100 deposit and when it will be returned back to you during check-in. The front desk staff is competent and quick in handling matters.

The hotel is very clean and the parking lot is well lit.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WoodSpringHotels, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this review, 20 May 2016
Thank you for your feedback, Barbara. We enjoy hearing back from satisfied guests, and hope you will stay with us again.
richmond,va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Unless you want a prison like atmosphere and like to be abused by management. The manager, Rita Small is the most unhelpful and arrogant individual that I have ever met. She treats every body like third graders. Also, a $100.00 deposit and 24 hours written notice of check out is required. Who ever heard of this from a hotel. The deposit and notice is not mentioned in any of their ads.

You are better off sleeping in your car!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank p x
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for your comments. Value Place is not your typical extended stay hotel. We're different and want guests to be prepared. The deposit is fully refundable upon check out, pending no damage to the room. We apologize your stay didn't meet your expectations.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I must say the hotel is very clean, but that's all it's got going for them. The staff if very rude and unhelpful. No one is ever in the office but you can beat you can find them outside smoking at all times of the day. Someone is suppost to be on call 24/7 in case needed but hope you don't need anyone after hours cause they will be too drunk to help. I thought it would be cheaper but after they add all the service charges (wi-fi, linen, late fees; none of which I even used) it cost way more than it was ever worth. Someone from staff bangs on the door almost every morning at 8 o'clock to check the fire alarm, changes linens, check the air fliters, or just come in your room and snoop around for "security" reasons and if you don't answer the door they will unlock it and go on in anyway. I was there for 2 horrible weeks and saw the cops there lookin for someone staying there 3 times...including a staff member wanted for murder (do they even do background checks!?!) The final straw for me come when I returned from work one night to find staff members in my room (doing one of those "security checks"). Tryin to talk to the manager ,Rita, is like talkin to a brick wall, she's rude and seems to have the attitude of the costumer is never right.

There's a extended stay right next door with much bigger rooms, nicer staff, no false fees, & better service. Skip valuse place and just head there instead.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank michelle02424
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
We take customer complaints very seriously. Guest satisfaction, safety, and cleanliness of our property are of upmost importance to us. When a guest raises accurate, truthful concerns, they are addressed immediately. We are proud of our employees and our employees take pride in our property. Value Place has no tolerance for unlawful behavior and will call the police to handle security issues for the safety of all of our guests.

At Value Place, we figure you'd rather shop on your own terms than pay for extras you may not need. If you do want to take advantage of the additional amenities and services we offer—from kitchen cookware to high-speed Internet—they’re available anytime for your convenience for a minimal fee. Value Place combines all the convenience of a hotel and all the essentials of an apartment. We're a hybrid—and that makes us better than a hotel, an apartment or any other short-term or long-term housing accommodations you’ll find.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Hotel is new, rooms are still clean, and this is the only good thing about the place. Manager Paddrick Godfrey is a thief and a liar. Please always ask for a weekly statement and check all the charges carefully. This is how this little scumbag makes money, he will charge you late fee for no reason, you will get charged weekly almost $10 linen service fee even if you don’t use the service. When I checked out I was charged $25 for a trash that I never left in the room. I’m an Army veteran I know how to clean my room. When I confronted Paddrick about false charges, he suggested that I would refer him two people and then he would refund my money. The guy must be smoking something bad. I told him that I will refer him to BBB and dispute all wrong charges with my credit card.
I stayed there for three weeks and every Sunday morning around 6 am there was a phone call first and then, under pretense of fire alarm, Paddrick or someone else from the staff would try to barge into the room. It’s still a mystery to me what they were doing.
At any rate, room would cost you over $300 not $249 as advertised, service was a complete NIGHTMARE. My advise is to take your money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Leon H
Leon-
We do apologize that your stay was unable to meet your expectations, and you experienced some inconveniences.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Speco Hotels Richmond
Speco Hotels Richmond
#49 of 81 in Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North

Been to WoodSpring Suites Richmond West? Share your experiences!