“Great food & service..”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Great food & service..”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband, & 1 year old daughter went here Sunday for lunch...I've been wanting to try it out for a while. I was impressed, very nice, attentive staff..we got the jerk chicken wings for an app., they were too spicy for me, but the hubby LOVED them...I got the jerk chicken panini with tomato, spinach & cheese, it was very tasty and very fresh tasting...the hubby got the jerk chicken burrito, which I had to taste & it was good as well, the kids menu was the norm. they cost $5 a piece, we got my daughter the cheese quesadilla with fruit & she loved it..plus it came w/ REAL fruit apples/grapes that were cut up...so we had a very fresh tasting meal in a family friendly environment with a waiter who was always re-filling our water glasses..total tab was $30..we will be back!

• Visited June 2014

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Great Experience of Authentic Cuisine”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went to Caren's recently. Not only was the staff great but the food too. I got the jerk chicken only because they was out Oxtail and Goat, I was very disappointed. The quantities were huge, the rice and peas and cabbage salad was great. The décor was bright and service was excellent. We will be definitely making the trip again, and try the Oxtails and Goat!

Visited June 2014
Savannah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was Great, Service was Not”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited Carena's on Easter Sunday with my husband and son and it was very busy. We waited a while before the server came to take our drink order and we had to keep asking for napkins and refills. The food was great but the service was not. The owner was actually present because she came out to assist with the tables and she was a bit rude herself. No smiles from the owner nor did she greet any of her patrons. We also had to run the server down to get our check before we could leave the restaurant. I would visit again in hopes of better service.

• Visited April 2014
Prince George, Virginia
“Traditional Restaurant Setting”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Refreshing to enjoy good Jamaican Food without having to do take-out or window service. The food was better than I remembered a couple of years prior. I stuck with traditional staples: oxtail meal and jerk chick appetizer. Very good.

• Visited May 2013
Virgiinia
“Good, authentic Jamaican cuisine”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I attended the Jamaica51 celebration at Carenas with the AJR (Association of Jamaicans in Richmond) recently. Not only was the crowd great, but the food also didn't disappoint. My husband got the jerk pork and I got the oxtail, one of my favorite meals. The quantities were huge, the rice and peas and cabbage salad was average. I have been to Jamaica over 20 times and I will say the food was authentic and tasty. The location was convenient, even for someone "North of the river", the décor was bright and service was excellent. We will definitely make the trip again.

• Visited August 2013