“Skip the Loaded Tots” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bar Louie
Ranked #1,000 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Henrico, Virginia
“Skip the Loaded Tots”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Tuesday continues to be burger night at Bar Louie's, 11788 Broad Street. Unfortunately, the burgers were too well done ("dry"). We made the mistake of ordering the "LOADED TOTS" ($9), which was very spicy (jalapeno juice???). Won't make that mistake again. The House Caesar is good. Still a great bargain (Tuesday Burger Night). The last two Tuesdays we noticed that the establishment was not as crowded as it was during the Winter. (Just wondering out load as to why?) Best service is at the bar. Very friendly bartenders. A good meeting place for friends.

• Visited April 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Cool… If You Are Into Sports”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a bite, not realizing the theme of this restaurant. If you love sports, want to be able to watch them on TV from any viewing angle possible, this is the place to go. Oh yeah, and they also serve food and drinks. They offer a variety of menu options and the food selection was actually pretty decent. I ordered the chicken quesadillas, which were great for a light meal. (Light..not healthy. The waitress told me of her 10 lbs weight gain after regularly eating the quesadillas. I know they are not "healthy", but that is not something you blurt out as you deliver the food to your customer.) The service was a bit slow, even though we went at an off time and there were not many people in the restaurant. However, if you are looking for a casual bar to hangout at with your friends, want better than the standard bar quality food and want to be immersed in sports, this is the right place for you. They even have long tables in the bar area so you and 10 or more of your friends can all sit together. While I liked the food, because of the slow service and my lack of interest in all things sports, I probably will not be a return customer.

• Visited December 2012
Henrico, Virginia
“Good Burgers, Lousy Mixed Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

On Tuesday, 29 JAN 2013, 1815 hours, my girlfriend and I had a quick meal at Bar Louie's. On Tuesday nights Bar Louie has a special, insofar as hamburgers are concerned. The burgers were very good, and the waitress, Stephanie (?) was also very good. My girlfriend ordered a Cosmopolitan and I ordered a Fuzzy Navel. I stated that I could not taste the alcohol (peach schnapps) and my girl indicated that her drink wasn't good either. We would have ordered another round if the mixed drinks were made correctly. We will be back for the burgers. Another plus is that the local group "Flat Elvis" performs at this venue. Tuesday continues to be burger night for us - somewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Snotty clueless hostess, visit improved remarkably after seating.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

The set up is nice and spacious, it was a busy night and we were still comfortable. The cover band playing was good and contributed to a comfortable atmosphere. My cheeseburger was perfectly cooked (medium rare) and piled with fresh veggies. The fries struck a perfect balance of crispiness. Our server was friendly, attentive, and prompt.
Football fan rant: I don't know if she was trying to be a flirt or just know something about football, but the hostess argued with my husband about whether the game was the niner's game or the packer's. She insisted that it was the packer's game because they had beat the Patriots...which is funny because so did the niner's, plus they were the top seed and had a bye. Definitely poor argument and she didn't crack a smile or laugh so it came across poorly. After that the beer selection was limited and they were out of flatbreads ... all of them. Really the only negatives if our trip.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Westport, CT
“Open for Christmas dinner, surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

We didn't have many choices for Christmas dinner, but the food was actually very good, and since Christmas fell on a weekday this year, we had happy hour prices - appetizers for half price, 2 dollar beers, and a nice Pinot Noir, normally $11 per glass, at $4 dollars. The 4 taco dinner was delicious (fish and chicken verde), fish po boy was too large to finish, buffalo calamari was spicy and good, and the only disappointment was a chicken cheese quesadilla which should have been a no-brainer, but it had been sitting in something liquid and was damp to pick up. But the happy hour special made up for it and the fish dishes were very good.

Visited December 2012