“Dinner Before the Theatre”
Review of 525 At The Berry Burk - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Located catty-corner from the Landmark Theater, 525 At The Berry Burke is a convenient and special restaurant for dinner before a performance. Six of us were seated at a round table, perfect for conversing and sharing our dinner with one another. The salads are large and ideal for sharing and the selection of small, medium, and large plates provides options for everyone. Be sure to save room for the Bourbon and Pecan Bread Pudding richly made with toasted pecans and drenched with butterscotch bourbon sauce. It's a absolutely delicious.

There are newer reviews for 525 At The Berry Burk

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We made last minute reservations for 2 couples with no problem. I left a message requesting a reservation and never heard back from them, but found they were on opentable.com so made the reservation online. The restaurant is bright and open with lots of windows and is located on the corner of a very busy area of town and situated right across the street from the Carpenter Center. Parking was tough as all parking decks were full and we had to circle a few blocks 3 times before a spot opened. The menu is limited with a handful of starters, about 10 entrees and a handful of desserts. We had the bruschetta, pot stickers and the fondue for starters. The fondue was excellent with the hot baked bread that you had to request separately...I did not like the toast points that came with them, they were too heavy. We had the filet mignon, ahi tuna and scallops. Both orders of filet were cooked well done, and charred on the edges when we had ordered them medium rare. The restaurant manager was very attentive throughout the night and immediately apologized once we pointed this out and brought us new steaks which were still overcooked, but more like medium so we made it work. The tuna and scallops were excellent. We ordered the carrot cake and bread pudding for dessert. The bread pudding was outstanding. I was not a fan of the carrot cake which I usually like. The wine menu was just ok, so we elected to have mixed drinks and beer. Everyone liked the mixed drinks....Apartment 103 and the Whipped Frenchmen. While I felt the restaurant was nice and would return, 2 of the foodies in our party felt it was just ok. The service was undoubtedly the highlight. Our waitress was very knowledgable of the menu and had great recommendations, and the manager was making regular rounds of the restaurant. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

An excellent first dinner here with another couple on a Thursday night, and all of us loved the experience. Interesting and varied menu and wine list, terrific service, great space and view of the city, and the food was delicious. We had the butternut squash fondue and bruschetta as appetizers, Caesar and field green salads, and the salmon, stuffed quail, pork ribeye and filet mignon for entrees, and all were excellent. The full plate portions are huge, but most entrees have a half-plate option. The bourbon and pecan bread pudding and key lime pie were the perfect finish to a wonderful meal. As an added benefit, we found a Groupon online that saved us $66. We didn't patronize the bar, but it looks like a great spot to gather if you find yourself downtown after hours.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

525 is right near my office where there is a lack of good restaurants so I've given it more than it's fair shots. The dining room is elegant. The wait staff competent. The menu is very limited though. This perplexes me. Generally the menu is very rich & meat heavy. I hoped their salads would be worthwhile but on every occasion they are bland. In one case inexplicably salty. They tend to give inadequate & Innapropriate breads for their dips. Their sandwhiches fall apart, which makes business lunches awkward. Unfortunately I just can't find anything I enjoy eating there even though it's location & vibe make it a tempting choice.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

7 of us had appetizers before a tacky lights tour. Time was tight, so we ordered ahead, and everything was served right on time. Great dips, spreads, pot stickers, sliders, etc. Great food and exceptional service.