“Good Indian food”

Ranked #165 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$1 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Experience the best Indian dining in the Richmond area at Taste of India where we create authentic dishes infused with fresh spices and the flavor of old India. Lovers of Indian food will appreciate the effort and passion we put into each entree while we work tirelessly to offer uncompromising quality and dedication to customer service. The warm and inviting atmosphere is one you'll recognize as soon as you walk through the door. Our Tandoori Oven Chef Specialties are always a hit, with favorites like Tandoori Chicken, Boti Kebab, or Malai Tikka. Our meats, seafood, poultry and vegetables are marinated in yogurt, herbs and a special combination of delectable and aromatic spices for 24 hours. The pieces are skewered and baked to perfection, yielding a unique savory charcoal flavor infused into the food and resulting in extreme tenderness. You and your guests will be sure to leave satisfied. Taste of India also has plenty of appetizers and breads to share, as well as chicken, lamb, and Halal items that will make your mouth water for more. Join us at Taste of India for weekly dinner specials, a lunch buffet, and a Wednesday night buffet. We have a large number of vegetarian menu items as well. Whatever the occasion, make it one to remember with the authentic flavors at Taste of India.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I am not a big fan of indian buffet in US, but this was a good discovery I'd say.... the location is bit unusual but the food is great, ambience is awesome and yes I was able to have my fav indian beer "Haywoards 5000"

2  Thank Avinash_Swami

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great sauces, variety, wanted lamb, maybe next time, searching for the all time best green curry chicken? This would have to rate high...

1  Thank WhiskeyBeerFood
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I went there with my roommate on Friday evening and was surprised to not find many people in there. There were only 2 couples apart from us.
Had heard a lot about this restaurant and hence the opening line - was expecting it to be crowded.
The food was great. I would definitely recommend this to everyone for worth a try.
The catch - a bit expensive.
I would probably spend half the price for dinner at a regular Indian cuisine for what we had there.
After paying the bill (50+ for 2 ppl), made me wonder if that was the reason for the less crowd at the place.
I might go there again when I probably am not in the mindset of shelling out cash. Yes their food is definitely worth the price, but I would like it more if it was a lil less expensive. (Its not NYC)

1  Thank Aster007
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I use to dine here frequently when this was Ruchee! Now I love this restaurant even more since its under new management! Food is great! Customer service is wonderful! Look forward to going back to this restaurant! I read other reviews and I would highly recommend trying for your self because I did not experience at all what others stated....and I did not pay extra for Naan~!

3  Thank Lauraleeee
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The dining room is modern and looks recently renovated. The quality of the food was generally good. My husband's lamb dish had a mediocre amount of meat. I thought the prices were high, especially since there is n extra charge for naan and any sauce. The service was very slow and our waitress spoke little English. Overall, I was disappointed.

1  Thank tlgVA