“Excellent experience!!”
Review of River City Segs - CLOSED

River City Segs
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: River City Segs is the most experienced & fun Segway Tour operation in the Richmond area. Tours include The Capitol Tour, Church Hill, Hollywood Cemetery, Public Art, River City Riding Tour, Black History, Christmas Lights, Lincoln in Richmond, and more. Come experience RVA with us. Use discount code "tripadvisor" to receive a 10% discount off your next Segway adventure!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We are Richmond natives and decided to do a last minute tour of Churchill and we all had a blast! My teenage son and I were experienced on the Segways but it was my sister's first time. The training is excellent! They train you indoors which is different than the other Segway tour company in Richmond. Once we were trained, the 3 of us hit the streets with our tour guide, Sasha, and had a great time! Sasha was well informed of the history of Richmond and could answer our questions as well as provide many interesting stories! He was a great guide! He took us to one park where we were allowed to free ride for a little while which was really fun! The tour was excellent in every way! It was way more comprehensive than the tour we experienced with the other Segway company in Richmond the week before. All in all, I would have to say that this was a great experience! And when we want to treat ourselves to another Segway tour, this company will be my first choice!

1  Thank Jimmaw

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've been on Segway tours with other companies in Richmond and this is by far the best! You are thoroughly trained and comfortable with the equipment before you leave the building. The building itself is historic and the facilities are spotless. Jeff, our tour guide, was both knowledgeable and interesting. He could answer any question I asked him. The price was reasonable. Definitely a great experience. I highly recommend taking your Richmond tours with this group!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My 22 year old son and I spent the after with RCS and we had an absolute blast. We live in the area and I have walked every street our tour had taken us, but I've never experienced our beautiful city like I did yesterday. The training we received on the Segway prior to the start of our tour was exceptional! At first, it is quite intimidating, but the staff was so patient and provided positive training. We took the Capital Tour and learned a lot about of the area that I did not know. Sasha, was an excellent tour guide. Not only was he knowledgable, he made it a very fun experience It was a beautiful day, the James River was raging, the blue heron were out and provided quite a show, and our Capital is one of the prettiest buildings in the state.

We plan on taking the Hollywood Cemetery tour next. River City Segs is awesome. The building they are in is an old fire station, it's such a cool building and their bathroom is really clean! The added bonus, is the location of RCS is ideal for dinner or lunch after your tour is done. So many excellent restaurants to choose from within walking distance. Thanks RCS! I'm sure we'll be back!

1  Thank seewithus
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've been to Richmond several times, but never felt I'd really seen it until Jeff guided me and my sister-in-law on a segway tour of the city. He made sure we could safely operate the machines before leaving ( I had issues with going downhill!). Soon we were zipping around the city accessing places we could never have gone with a car or bus. Jeff's enthusiasm for his city and its history were contagious. Traveling by segway also gave us an opportunity to interact with locals. Was great fun!
I will be back
Sharon Poch

1  Thank Sharon P
Reviewed 27 April 2014

River City Segs is the best! I've tried both Richmond Segway Tour companies and I'd recommend River City Segs, especially if you are brand new to Segways. They have better training and incredibly patient instructors. They make sure you're completely confident on a Segway before getting out in the city, which is essential before facing traffic, bumps in the road, and those Richmond city hills.