“Fun Dessert Outing”

Price range: US$6 - US$8
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

On Saturday visited Shyndigz with my wife and another couple for the first time. The place was hopping. We had to wait 30 minutes for a seat. The environment was cool. I had the kitchen sink, which was pretty good - served w lots of ice cream, and my wife had had crack pie which was ok, would have been better if served warm. Will visit again. My favorite place to get a dessert in richmond remains bakers crust, with their warm skillet cookie.

1  Thank Chris M

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Have visited this dessert cafe twice in the last month. The first time was in the late afternoon. The new location is larger with a nice outdoor space. On this day there were only a few customers present. My friend and I ordered the chocolate chip cookie pie with ice cream and the apple crisp with ice cream. The chocolate chip cookie was a bit hard around the edges. We won't order that again but the apple crisp was delicious. The second visit was with two other couples on a Thursday night. We had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. We went to the bar where the bartender allowed us to taste the flavor beer before we ordered a glass. Once seated we all ordered different desserts to share. The portions are very large. We ordered the peanut butter pie, the fruited cake, the kitchen sink and the chocolate salted caramel cake. By far our favorite dessert was the fruited cake. Delicious and beautiful to look at with the variety of colors from the layers of fruit. Staff was friendly and didn't rush us. Noise level average.

1  Thank LT T
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stopped in late after a VCU game. Read great reviews, but place fell short in every way. One of those places that has limited daily supply of menu items, or in simpler terms, they run out of food. Not a fan of places that dictate when I should come. If you have menu items, they should be readily available. Also, we were coming from MD, so we were planning to dine in. We went to front reception, and asked for our order (only had two options, neither our first choice) and sat down, with no guidance. We were then brought to-go items in a bag. Apparently we were leaving. Had to request forks/napkins. May have looked beyond everything if the cakes were special. They weren't. Not ad, but certainly nothing to seek out. Overall, won't return or recommend. Apparently it's moving to Carytown, so it can be unimpressive in a more crowded hipster locale.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The desserts here are wonderful and the coffee is great. The space is small and gets pretty crowded on the weekend. The portions are huge, so plan on sharing or taking a lot home.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went to Shyndigz for the first time this past weekend after hearing about it from numerous people. Because we went over Valentine's Day weekend, a lot of the cakes were centered around chocolate. Unfortunately a few of the flavors were sold out by the time we got there from their regular menu, so I had the chocolate strawberry cake. Out came a huge slice (easily 2 servings) that was very rich and moist. It was an overall good cake, but you have to be a fan of rich desserts. I want to go back and try some of their other, less decadent cakes. It would be a fun place to go with a group of friends one night for dessert. Just be ready for a bit of a wait to get a table if you choose to dine in because it is a small place and very popular.

Been to Shyndigz? Share your experiences!