“Nice place to take a date”

Colonial Shooting Academy
Ranked #6 of 24 Fun & Games in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Colonial Shooting Academy is the Largest indoor shooting range in the United States! We offer THE premier shooting experience in Richmond, VA. Conveniently located on W. Broad Street, we offer a friendly, state of the art shooting facility for all skill levels, from curious beginner to expert marksman. In September 2012, Colonial Shooting Academy was named a 5-star shooting facility by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. This distinction makes CSA the first 5-star range in Virginia, the fourth on the East Coast and one of the only 25 nationwide. As Richmond's premier shooting facility—and the largest of its kind—our goal is to provide a welcoming atmosphere to anyone interested in shooting, whether you've got experience or not. Our first priority is safety. It's our guiding principle. It starts with education, and it ends with careful and precise planning of every detail, from the front desk to each shooting lane.Before you are able to enter the range, you must first complete a brief 10 minute safety video. This course is provided for free to everyone and is valid for one year. The course stresses the safe handling of firearms, and safety practices we require at all times while on the range. Additionally, we require that safety equipment be worn at all times, and that all guns and ammunition brought to the facility meet our specifications before it can enter the range. Upon entering, you will be accompanied to your lane by the range safety officer.
Chesterfield, Virginia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice place to take a date”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is the type of shooting range where you can actually take your date too because it is very elegant and well organized. They have many ranges and they are organized depending the type of weapon that you will be using. They have plenty of rage ammunition, a big plus this days, and they have range officers in every range that are not only enforcing the rules but also looking out to keep people safe. So if you are shooting with a guest that perhaps is new to the sport they will be taken care off so you can do your own shooting. When I shoot alone I prefer another range where I can be left alone due to the level of my military training because I don't particularly enjoy been supervise all the time but if I shoot with my wife or I shoot AR-15's this is my place. This is the only indoor rage in Richmond where you can shoot AR's.

Visited August 2013

Richmond
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Practice your shot”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This place is very unique. The target shooting rooms are great. Definitely need ear protection, which they have available to use at the front desk. You pick out your preferred target, such a big bulls eye or a criminal's body shape. Two can share the same time slot, so it makes it nice to share with a buddy or spouse. They have ammo, bring your own weapon, but don't bring it in loaded, wait until you get into the shooting range area. The sell all kinds of guns, ammo, and holsters etc. If you are looking to buy a gun, you can rent one to try it out and see if that is what feels good to you before you buy. Great staff. Very helpful.
The first visit requires you to watch a safety video.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Gary And Linda Y
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place for friend”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I went with friends after work, and it is the best place to hang out and blow off some steam. I highly recommend going with a group of 3 or more.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MEGranat
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“welcoming to beginner and expert alike”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A trial makes a customer, or, in my case, a member. Colonial has a very nice retail area, with lots of fun guns to rent, EXTREMELY helpful and friendly staff, and excellent instructors. The ranges are managed in a very professional and safe manner. Ever been to one of those ranges in Las Vegas that allow people to fire subguns with little or no safety instruction or supervision, with yahoos waving guns every which way? Colonial is the anti of that. I love the way Colonial makes everyone feel welcome, and safe.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Steve B
Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Professional and clean”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were so impressed with the professionalism of all the staff and the clean, spacious facility. Wednesday night is 2 for 1 night, so we'll be looking to go there on dates.

Visited October 2013