“My favorite!!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“My favorite!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Yum. Yum. Yum. Such a cute places for speciality drinks at the bar. You can't beat the $30 prefix dinner ( app, main & dessert)! It's just great got atmosphere and delish food. It was a tad salty last time I went, but I'll be again and again. And the best part? It's on Belmont. The best street in rva!

Benedict, Maryland, United States
“A must in Richmond”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We literally stumbled onto this great, small, and intimate restaurant and had one of the best meals ever. We had the prix fixe dinner and we have had less and paid more in many places but this was an amazing value. The space is warm and cosy, about six tables and the chef, Mike, came out at the end to chat. Our server, Emeril, was amazing, attentive, and always had a smile and answered our questions. We were there on a Monday, pretty busy bar trade but just a pleasant vibe. A sweet, 1920s, simple decor, and low stress. LOVED IT.

• Visited February 2014
“Great "Richmond" dinner”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Everything on the menu was delicious. Drinks were equally great. The restaurant itself is on the small side (only seats about 15 at the table + bar). Food took a while to arrive, but was well worth the wait. Great service otherwise.

Virginia
“Consistently delicious!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Mike is an incredible chef who consistently serves the best food in Richmond. Meals are fresh, in season and always to temperature. Service is prompt and guests are allowed to enjoy the cozy ambiance of the restaurant without feeling rushed. From the amuse-bouche to the last bite, I can guarantee your palate will be well satisfied. The best part... It is fine dining at an affordable price.

• Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Belmont Food Shop - Amazing Prix Fixe; Overpriced Wines”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

While Belmont Food Shop changes its menu frequently, I was fortunate enough to dine there when the appetizer list featured Braised Rabbit with Hominy and Corn. Tender chunks of rabbit with a creamy-silky sauce. The balance of corn and hominy perfected this dish. Because of the richness, the portion size was just right as well.

We had not planned to eat here, but arrived early enough to snag a couple of places at the bar. I also enjoyed the Roast Chicken with Spoon Bread and Spinach. The chicken was moist and tasty; spoon bread, spot on with the balance of corniness and sweetness.

The wine that I imbibed was the Petit Petite from David Michael. One of my recent favs, but a bit pricey given a restaurant down the street offers it for $12 less per bottle. I guess the wine prices make up for the fantastic price of the $30 three course prix fixe.

• Visited August 2013