“Identity Crisis”

Rappahannock Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rappahannock Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: Stop 1052 on the GRTC bus line.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The reason this restaurant gets so many complaints for being overpriced is because the atmosphere is off. The food is actually first rate, and worth every penny they're charging. But if I'm going to pay $28 for Halibut, I don't want to do it in a large, noisy room with a high ceiling and an enormous square bar.

There are newer reviews for Rappahannock Restaurant

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Rappahannock has been on my bucket list a while. I wanted to see for myself what all the hype was. So yesterday my friend and I made it happen. The oysters were superb...and the prosecco on tap, well that is perfect. We should have stopped right there! I had the grilled mahi mahi sandwich which was a substitute for rock fish. The miniscule filet was not prepared medium as I requested but in all fairness it was so thin, medium would have been very difficult. This overdone sliver was sandwiched between some very large, thick slices of crusty bread. The bread was wonderful so I opted to dip it in the olive olive from my underdone chick pea fennel salad. Now both of these things, the salad and the sandwich, were just short of excellent. Chick peas needed to be cooked more so they could absorb the flavor of the fennel infused oil...and the sandwich either needed less bread or more fish...balance was not achieved! Come on Rappahannock you should be excellent every time and in every way.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ate dinner the other night. Great assortment of fresh oysters. Fantastic fish (Halibut rocks) and some fun cocktails before. Hip atmosphere and space for Richmond.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stopped by for drinks, no food. The atmosphere was lively and modern. There was a nice selection of wine by the glass. I am only writing a review to counter some of the comments by earlier TA posters about servers' attitudes. We chatted with three or four staff members and found the staff exceptionally friendly and professional.

1  Thank csgc
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Restaurant was within walking distance of the hotel, which is why I think our company chose it. I would consider the food to be "yuppie" food but I'm a country boy at heart, so forgive me! I had a beer made from melon and cucumber, it was a "different" kind of beer for sure. I had the halibut filet, it was tasty. One of my co-workers ordered the Paella and I was quite envoius. If I go back, it's the Paella for sure!

1  Thank RodneyG