“take out”

Add it.
Evo Fine Sichuan Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 December 2013

take out here is easy and quick. they have a great web site for ordering and then quick and easy to pick up. food is good and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Since this restaurant serves Sichuan cuisine, one cannot help but to compare with Peter Chang, which is another Sichuan restaurant that's pretty well known in the city.

I Just love this restaurant and I've been visiting them frequently (sometimes even 2 times in the same week) since last year. Not only they have the most authentic Chinese cuisine in town, they have a large enough menu so you do not easily get bored with their selection, which is more than I can say for Peter Chang's.

EVO specialty is Sichuan cuisine so if you like hot & spicy, you are in for a real treat. Their dishes are not as hot & spicy as Peter Chang's (which is another good Sichuan cuisine restaurant in Richmond), but they are very flavorful, and sometimes many people find Peter Chang's dishs are just too spicy where you cannot taste any other flavor, EVO's chef Liu has the flavor profile and spicy balance just right, it really hits the spot.

I am from Sichuan region originally and I grew up eating and appreciating Sichuan cuisine, so I was really excited for EVO's food and am one of their most frequent patrons. The service is pretty good. If you get a waiter named Gary, he's very knowledgeable of their dishes and would make very good recommendations once he gets to know your preferred taste. He's recommended many dishes that I hadn't originally planned to try but turned out delicious and become dishes I frequently order and recommend.

The decor of the place is tasteful and simple, much better than Peter Chang's cheesy decoration/color scheme. Although its location isn't as central as Peter Chang's, for some really authentic food, I do not mind driving an extra few minutes. Their price is more competitive than Peter Chang's also.

After dinner they usually serve a bowl of complimentary Chinese style dessert in the form of congee. I just call it "purple rice congee" since it consists of the special purple rice and other yummy ingredients. It's a color between purple and red, which non-Asian patrons may not be used to, but it's absolutely delicious. I don't know if they only serve this to Chines or everyone, but I just love the stuff. If my kids are too full to eat their portion, I never hesitate to eat it for them, haha.

If you have tried this place, you know what I am talking about. And if you haven't tried it, what are you waiting for? Make that your next restaurant to try this weekend.

2  Thank JayeL_12
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Our family of five got a takeout order last night,and we couldn't stomach it. I can't remember that ever happening with Chinese food in my lifetime. It was definitely NOT the restaurant described in the other reviews.

Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

Evo is the real deal - great food, with authentic flavors and unique offerings (at least in the Richmond area). The Dan-Dan noodles are a family favorite, and the Chicken in Paper is one of the best Chinese dishes I've had anywhere, and that includes Beijing. You can't miss here!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

This is now our favorite Chinese restaurant in the Richmond area. We try something different each time we've ordered (take out or dine in) and have yet to find something we didn't like. Try the Dan Dan noodles ($3 on the appetizer menu) and then pick anything on the full and varied menu and be ready for a taste treat! Fresh ingredients, artfully presented, spiced to your liking, and always delicious. Located near Forest Hill and the Chippenham, you can only enter on the westbound side, but it's worth the UTurn if you're coming from another direction. This is well worth the trip wherever you come from. We've eaten in Chinese restaurants all over the world (including several trips to China) and this tastes as good as anything we've had anywhere.