“Great Food !”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We really did enjoy everything we ordered. The food came out hot and was delicious. If you only want really good tasting food, then this is the restaurant for you. This restaurant needs a better ambiance. It is dumpy looking on the outside and it is dark and drab on the inside. The service was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Husband and I seeking Indian for our last night in Richmond. SO GLAD we picked this place! The food was wonderful - fresh, perfectly spiced- truly some of the best Indian I've ever had. Husband said it was the best for him. Go here. You won't regret it!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We're from Northern VA and eat lots of Indian food (no exaggeration, we have 7-8 Indian restaurants w/in 15 mins). The food at Lemon rocks! Very tasty appetizers and entrees, perfectly balanced seasonings and flavors. If this place was in NoVA, it would rank among the top on my list. Do be afraid of the offbeat location or dreary building, the food and service are excellent.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Visited for dinner last night and was not disappointed. Everything was great and left feeling very satisfied and very full. The drinks were great, the server was very friendly and knowledgeable and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the cauliflower appetizer. I ordered my vegetable vindaloo hot but next time I think I will go Indian Hot! :) Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I want to see a good restaurant succeed in this part of town, and McLeans next door and tiny-but-tasty Lunch nearby have gone a long way to bringing good food, done with real care, to an otherwise quiet area. So I was psyched to try Lemon with some friends. The decor was nice, and the prices, overall, very good for a "soups to nuts" meal for four.

They liked their meals more than I did. The Samosas were dry and small, my lamb dry and a tiny portion for $16. My friends had more generous portions but I'm still underwhelmed. The garlic naan, rice, and chutney were all well prepared. I may try this place again, and if so I will go for one of the more sauce-heavy dishes. Spiciness was low, so maybe I should have notched up from "medium-hot" to at least "hot." Savor of the spices in the lamb was average, but I cook lamb really well at home and perhaps should try some of their other options.

The staff need to keep up the men's room: on a slow night there should be paper towels, and the walls and door were grimy. It's an old building, but a little paint and some attention to details at the rest rooms would go a long way.