“With so many good to great restaurtants in Richmonds, avoid this one.”
Review of Amici Ristorante

Good for: View, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Freeman & West Cary Streets
Transit: GRTC transit stops two blocks west of Amici at the corner of Nansemond and West Cary Streets.
Description: For 25 years Amici has consistently kept a relaxed atmosphere, good service, and great food. Amici gives dining a touch of class above the rest and a lot more. We invite you to experience an ambiance of hospitality and comfort. Proprietor and Chef Carlo Gaione welcomes you to try our homemade pasta, as well as our other homemade dishes on our rotating menu and specials, from his home in Northern Italy!
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Food was mediocre but priced like a much better meal. There are so many very good restaurants in Richmond, try them and bon appetit.

There are newer reviews for Amici Ristorante

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for dinner our first night in Richmond, it was good but not great. The bread was good but very limited. I got a seafood stew type dish, can't remember the actual name but it was loaded with great fresh seafood. Other than the seafood it was just average, the broth was just a very basic tomato broth. I was not overly impressed with the sauce, they could of incorporated more flavor. The atmosphere and prices were average, but the wait staff was very attentive.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We enjoyed a very nice evening at Amici last Monday. Set in the heart of Carytown in Richmond, Amici is a small, intimate restaurant with an excellent northern Italian menu. My wife started with a chilled cantalope soup, flavored with a bit of pancetta and a dash of balsamic. The best ever was her comment. She followed with grilled salmon that had a white balsamic reduction over it that was "fantastic".
I started with calamari, lightly breaded and cooked to absolute perfection. My main course was a seafood linguini with shrimp and scallops. This was dressed with a wonderfully light sauce with a hint of garlic and tomato that enhanced both the pasta and the seafood.
We finished with a vanilla gelato that was the perfect finish.

The price was right too, less than $35/ person without wine.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

After seeing so many great reviews, I was disappointed to find that my lunch experience was 50/50. The service was good, and I found the atmosphere pleasant, but despite the fact that the opening bread and dip was very tasty, the apps were disappointing. The squash bisque was deemed far too bland and sent back, and the fried zucchini (that was actually fried artichoke) was only passable. The ravioli special was the best part of the meal, but while it was a very good pasta, it wasn't enough to level out the earlier disappointments. Hopefully, my visit was just an exception to the rule at Amici.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The food here is really good. The prices, for what it is, aren't too bad ($9-14 for appetizers, $16-23 for pastas, $20-30 for meat) and the decor is quaint, quiet and personal even though it is small. But the finishing touches that used to make this such a destination for special occasions are starting to go a little bit. It's a lot of small things that sound trivial, but when they all add up it makes what could be an excellent night feel like some great food but an overpriced experience. I dined upstairs with my boyfriend and the lights flickered every time someone came up the steps. The waitress did not bring us bread, never asked if we would like another glass of wine and only filled our water glasses once. She also stood in the hallway and had a thirty minute conversation with another waitress that everyone upstairs could hear which, in such a small restaurant, is not really awesome. None of that really matters, and at most restaurants you wouldn't even care, but when you're dropping $100 on dinner (we had a shared appetizer, two entrees and a shared dessert), it's the little things that you kind of expect to not happen. Again, the food was great and the place is really cute so it's definitely worth checking out, I was just disappointed given the restaurants standing in Richmond.