“Disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Richmond,Va
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 24 May 2009

I am sorry to say I was very disappointed with the food at the Forest Hill location. The fajitas were bland, the rice tasted old and the beans with the chesse were salty. The portions were a decent size but there was no "mexico flavor/seasonings" to the food.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastic Sizzling Fajitas”
Reviewed 12 February 2009

I've been to two of the "Mexico" restaurants in Richmond. Both of them were excellent. It is fairly typical American style Mexican food. The lunch special fajitas are huge, and the same portion as the dinner for half the price. The staff is very friendly and serves you quickly. I would say the locations were above average for cleanliness in a Mexican restaurant. I recommend!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The ultimate take-out destination for the Tucker family.”
Reviewed 12 December 2008

The ultimate take-out destination for the Tucker family.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Newport, VT
“A Great Place For Friends”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

My husband and I went to the Mexico Restaurant in Richmond, VA with a couple of his friends that I had met for the first time. From the start, the experience was quite relaxed.

It was a beautiful day and we all decided to sit outside on the patio and have drinks. The patio was open and well designed, a water fountain situated against the wall for ambience. They automatically brought out a complimentary order of tortilla chips and salsa for our party of four, and then asked us what we would like to drink.

If you go to Mexico Restaurant, I strongly recommend the Dos Equis! They arrive in super tall glasses, garnished with a lime, and are ice cold. They went really well with the tortilla chips (especially since I tried the habanero sauce with mine!).

We didn't actually eat anything off of the menu, but the prices were very reasonable. If we had stayed longer in Richmond, I am sure that we would've returned to Mexico Restaurant. Oh well.. there is always next trip!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Moved across the street...”
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Moved across the street to the new Forest Hill Shopping Center. Still great food and popular with outdoor dining, puts it on par with it's original location at Horsepen.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Mexico Restaurant? Share your experiences!