“disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Millie's

Millie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Millie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Richmond, Virginia
“disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I went to Millie's last January 2013 for Sunday Brunch with an out of town foodie. I had been before and thought the food was fantastic and well worth the wait. Unfortunately, my breakfast was hardly edible. Cold and not tasty. I was embarrassed after I had talked so highly about the place.

• Visited January 2013

Williamsburg, VA
“Enjoyed the second visit as much as the first”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We find this restaurant a real treat. Last time we enjoyed lunch, this time dinner. If you prefer strickly meat, potatoes and veggie, with no special touches this is not the place for you. As I said it is a real treat, and I mean that on a few levels including our willingness to pay that price point for a meal. Dinner is more fine dining, table linens, etc. We dined there on Mother's Day and it became obvious to me then that unless you have children who can quietly and patiently wait for a meal, and who will eat what is on the menu, you may want to choose another place to go with the kids. I overheard a family ask about a children's menu and there isn't one. The server offered somethings likes pasta with cheese or maybe marinara and one or two other things, but no traditional kid-friendly fare. Also, I got the impression substitutions in general aren't accomodated much. I have no problem eating their selections as they are designed. I don't feel the need to try and re-create an already delightful menu.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank PitonPam
Philadelphia
“Damn fine brunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Terrific little place in a charming Richmond neighborhood. Warmly decorated, nice bar and some super egg dishes from a very, very, very, small kitchen. There's a wait, but it wasn't too long and the staff was super friendly. Worth going to if you are in the vicinity.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank rundeep
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Place for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Devil's Mess! Open-faced omelet of spicy sausage, onions, green peppers, garlic,
tomatoes and mild curry, finished with melted white cheddar and avocado... Have to get it! This is one of my favorite meals!

I have only eaten here for lunch but go early to get a table.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank travelsalot08
McLean, VA
“Terrific food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We had heard about Millie's and were not disappointed. The food was amazing. While we waited, we thoroughly enjoyed watching the cooks in their tiny kitchen prepare terrific food. Went back two days later. The time to go is weekday lunch, understand people can wait two hours for weekend brunch. The menu is really interesting, uses lots of fresh ingredients. Unfortunately, we never had room for dessert. We had a daily special of tacos with flank steak, the Devil's mess, omelets and cajun mess. Will try the eggplant, brie and tomato sandwich next time. It's a real treat.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank swimmom1dc

Been to Millie's? Share your experiences!