“Big crowd at lunch - great lunch special.”
Review of Jo Jo's Pizza

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 25 February 2014

OK, this place kind of broke my heart a little -- after reading the reviews, I was SURE this would be real NY slice pizza -- upon entering I thought they would come pretty darn close!! Perfect amount of cheese, gorgeous thin crust, lots of variety, great lunch special (2 slices and a coke for $6.50ish). Here's where the heartache comes...because they do such a boom business at lunch, the pies look like they had been cooked a lot earlier (upon ordering, they hit up the oven to refresh) to keep up with demand - and the demand was big!! Probably 15 people ahead of me and behind me - all in all, it is a successful process, just WISH my slices had been right out of the oven the first time. Maybe I will try to order a whole fresh pizza next time!! Great location, heart of downtown, parking is tricky.

There are newer reviews for Jo Jo's Pizza

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The BEST New York style thin crust pizza outside of NYC. Period. And frankly, better than most pizzaria's in Manhattan itself. And trust me... I've done my pizza research. Jo-Jo's knows what it's doing. It should... after all, he's from Brooklyn! The tomato sauce is perfection, the thin crust is ideal, the service is quick, and the prices are reasonable. What else could you ask for?! GO! Now! It's just that simple. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Rico has to be the friendliest restaurant owner in downtown Richmond! This is the best place for an inexpensive lunch that will fill you up. The pizza has always been great, one of the best in Richmond, but the Stromboli and subs are my current favorites. I go at least once a week if not more.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We recently moved our offices a couple of blocks closer to Jo Jo's and I tried it for the second time last week and I LOVED IT. My Co-worker and I got the special and when you can get lunch for under $7.00 and it's great you can't go wrong. You get 2 large pieces of pizza and a drink for under $7.00..How can you beat that???? Give it a try. It's obviously pretty busy at lunch but if you go a little later you can sit and enjoy your meal. It's very clean and the staff is very friendly. You can get in and out in half hour if you work close. Doesn't get any better than that....when you want a good piece of pizza try it out.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Listen, I grew up on this type of pizza. There were no pizza huts, papa johns, etc at first when I grew up in Jersey about 35 years ago or so. Jojo's brings it back. Their pizza is the best and I practically go there every week. Staff is great and you can't beat the prices. The only downfall is that they are not open on weekends. Please go and try them. You won't be disappointed!