“Had a Lot Better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Benny's BBQ
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our mission is to provide our customers with a delicious all naturally smoked pork shoulder that is chopped to order right in font of the customer. Our appetizers, side dishes and desserts are home made fresh daily along with our signature sauces. Our business philosophy is simple: "Treat others as you would personally like to be treated and provide them with the best quality products and services at reasonable prices." Our restaurant has received the Governor Bob McDonald's award for Best BBQ in Virginia 2010, We have been featured on Virginia This Morning (WTVR Channel 6) as Best BBQ in Richmond. We are the ONLY BBQ restaurant that has been invited to the Governor's Mansion 3 years in a row (4 including this year when the event is scheduled) to showcase our BBQ. At Benny's BBQ we strive to serve you the best BBQ meal we can offer. As a rule since the original owner, Benny Gill owned the restaurant if you are not satisfied with your meal we will gladly make it right for you. All we ask in return is the opportunity to make your dining experience most enjoyable. Our servers are trained to check on our guests several times during your meal to make sure you are happy with your entire dining experience.
Powhatan, Virginia
“Had a Lot Better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is my first impression and visit to Benny's and found the BBQ very, very dry. The meat had no flavor and the sides were just subpar. I was not too pleased with the flavor of any of the items and would look elsewhere for BBQ.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ray D

Chesterfield, VA
“Great local BBQ and sides.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife, daughter and I made a recent stop into Benny’s BBQ at Stony Point. What a great choice. My daughter and wife ordered the rib sampler and I ordered a pulled pork BBQ platter (sides-hush puppies, greens, mac and cheese, au gratin potatoes, coleslaw). Benny’s offers two types of sauce, one seemed to be a vinegar and mustard base and the other was a tomato and molasses base. This was one fine BBQ meal with more than enough to eat. The food was obviously all homemade and I could tell that care was put into the preparation. Give this place a shot.

• Visited July 2014
“Never go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The fries were terrible. They charged me a fee to use my credit card. Who does that? I'd never go back.

The service was good.

“VERY GOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We really enjoyed our dinner here. They give you very generous portions and everything was very good and fresh. Everyone from the staff was quite friendly and pleasant. It is easy to feel very comfortable here, if you are a fan of BBQ or ribs you need to try this place!

• Visited May 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“The Ribs Need To Gain Some Weight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stopped by for dinner tonight for the first time and I ordered the half rack baby back rib dinner. The seven (7) ribs had a good taste but there was very little meat on the bones. For $20 I expected to be full when I finished my meal. I was glad my wife ordered the fried chicken tender dinner so I could finish off what she didn't eat. The chicken tenders were good as was the sides of coleslaw that we ordered. The restaurant was very clean and service was good. We may give them another try if we are in the area but I think the next time I may try one of the BBQ platters hoping for more food for the price.

• Visited March 2014