“Consistently Excellent!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
richmond, virginia
“Consistently Excellent!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I have been patrons of Pegasus's Restaurant for over 20 years. The restaurant is small and reservations are a must on weekends. Food is consistently excellent. Our favorites dishes are Veal Marsale and Lemon Veal with Artichokes. The chef is the owner so you will rarely see him but the meals coming out of the kitchen are fabulous. Their specials are excellent which usually include fish, crab cakes and beef. Their customers are "regulars" and it is not uncommon to see the same customers sitting in their regular spots. They tend to have an older crowd but you will see every age group. It is one of the very best restaurants in Richmond. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014

Glen Allen, Virginia
“Neighborhood Gem with Class”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our group of eight go here for various occasions, such as New Year's Eve, Valentines Day, etc. and it consistently offers good food at respectable prices. The restaurant caters to a lot of "regulars" of what I will refer to as "mature" versus senior clientele. We tend to be a little picky at times, so I will state that on this particulat visit my veal was a little tougher than I would normally prefer. However, overall the food was tasty and most of our group's dishes were well prepared. Since it was New Years Eve, we anticipated that the service could be a little slower than normal, but overall it wasn't too bad.
On most previous occasions we had no issues to speak of, and that's why we tend to go back.
One of us ordered a bloody mary which could have been better in flavor, but that's not the primary reason why we go here.
I would suggest that this restaurant remains consistently on the better than average list and we'll go back.

• Visited December 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Neighborhood favorite”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This restaurant is one of a kind. You will see a loyal following there and a friends and family atmosphere. It is very popular with the older well heeled diner and that equates to consistency in the cuisine. So if you like what you had there a month ago it will be the same the next time !! Always try the specials. They know how make a meal special.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Grouperboy
Midlothian, Virginia
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I finally went to this restaurant after living in the Richmond area for 32 years. Recommended by a long time Richmond resident, we made reservations with another couple. The place is not that big so reservations are needed. Service was very good and the food outstanding. My wife had the crab cakes which looked delicious. Salads were very well done. I had a pasta dish which arrived hot and very well prepared. Wine selection is very good as well. You will not be disappointed in coming here for dinner unless you can't get it. Don't wait 32 years. :-)

• Visited July 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
“Very good meals in a pleasant surronding”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We took in Pegasus last evening for the first time and found the other reviews to be right on. The service was attentive but not intrusive. We arrived early when there were few other dinders and the meal extended into the crowded time but felt no pressure to vacate the table. The lamb is indeed excellent although heavy on the garlic for my tastes-I'm sure the chef would have been glad to cut back had I asked. Others in our party enjoyed the fried oysters and seafood pasta. The salad was also very good and the chocolate mousse perfect. Too bad they didn't have a dessert wine to go with it. For two of us three courses with a bottle of wine plus tip the bill was just about $100.

• Visited January 2013