“Very good!!! Will return.”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 1,640 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Canal Street
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my first time going to this chain and my experience was pretty good. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to pay because a vendor treated our team to lunch there and it was good. I had mashed potatoes, garlic green beans (the bomb!), and 6oz filet which was very good too. Their rolls are good and like no other restaurant I've been to. For dessert, I had their chocolate mousse and let me tell you...this is THE best mousse on the planet bar none. Had whipped cream on top with a raspberry and a fresh mint leaf. Awesome service as well. Definitely recommend anyone in the Richmond area to go here.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

In town visiting, did not know where to eat dinner on a Friday evening. Ended up at Morton's after too long of a wait somewhere else, and what our good fortune! ALL of the staff from moment we walked in were warm, welcoming and professional. My companion ordered oysters for an appetizer and said they were the best he's ever eaten. We both ordered the filet mignon mine medium his rare, the sour cream mashed potatoes. His came with mussels and asparagus spears. The steaks were cooked perfect, all the food was excellent- the cook was exceptional. Our waiter and other staff were so very attentive, genuinely friendly but not intrusive. This restaurant is superior in all aspects. Maybe will seem overpriced to some, but definitely worth it.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first experience and my coworkers second. The two of us were in town for a business conference and decided to have dinner here. The drinks and glasses of wine are about $15 each...yikes. The watermelon salad was delicious and the best part of the meal. My bone in filet with blue cheese butter was very good, but a little dry. I ordered it medium well so maybe my fault. My friends bone in rare serloin was delicious. Because two drinks each was costly enough we drank water also. We didn't realize until the bill arrived that each bottle of water was $10. We drank 2 bottles!! The food is very good, but who can afford it! For what we paid for our dinner for two we could have fed our families for a week. If I go again, if...I'll be sure to save up for it. You can expect dinner for two to be between $250-$300. Enjoy!

1  Thank love2vacation1010
Reviewed 12 May 2014

To celebrate my daughter's graduation from UR/ her birthday & Mother's Day, we went to Morton's. Our poor experience began when we tried to order cocktails. We were given a cocktail menu that had about 10 cocktails listed. Of the 2 cocktails we tried to order, they were either out of stock of one of the ingredients or didn't carry one of them routinely. Really?? 20% of that menu couldn't be ordered. The bacon wrapped scallops, & rib-eye steak were good, but the filets were dry & fairly tasteless. The lobster tail was okay, but a bit rubbery. My chopped salad was nothing special & the onion rings looked like they came a fast food restaurant. We had a main server with helpers who apparently didn't talk to one another. When asked we responded that we would like more bread, but it didn't come until we asked a different server. All the entrees came together except one, so our food cooled while we waited for the final entree. Our server was friendly & did a great job of keeping our soda/tea/water glasses filled. Everything just seemed unorganized. Additionally, there were too many tables packed in the space which made for quite a loud room. You could barely hear the people across the table. My final disappointment was that even though we told the hostess we were celebrating birthday/graduations there was no acknowledgement other than confetti on our table. All of this for an extremely overpriced meal that came ala carte. If you want a good meal with an nice ambience, I'd look elsewhere!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 1 April 2014

what more needs be said... it's Morton's! bacon steak appetizer was great! wait staff superlative. good to go with someone who is recognized as a "regular".

Been to Morton's - The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!