“Great Spot for Breakfast”
Review of 3rd Street Diner

3rd Street Diner
Ranked #343 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was a little unsure about this place after reading some of the past reviews. This is now one of my favorite spots in Richmond. My roller derby team stopped here for breakfast the day after a tournament. Coffee was good and food was even better. At our table we had omlettes, pancakes, and every variation of breakfast things. Everyone cleaned their plates. I had the breakfast club with fries. I will probably get that again next time I go. Think egg sandwich meets the BLT and add some ham and turkey. Yum!!!!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is Richmond!! We are eclectic ...get over it. This is not a fine dining affair... if you are getting dressed and deciding on either the cardigan or the oxford jacket with the suede elbows...then maybe you need to open up your experiences or just not come. I loved this place. It had a gritty feel.... with the weathered booths, the tattooed waitresses, and the dim lighting. The food here is what you would expect from an establishment that has been a part of the Richmond nightlife since I was a teen. It was yet again an awesome experience I was able to share with my family fresh off the plane from Germany. It's good to be back home.

1  Thank dougiec24
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stopped here just after getting into town. We were seated and served in about 20 minutes. Not the world's most memorable meal, but the burger tasted good after a long drive, and I had enough left over to take home. Crinkle cut fries were a nice touch. Overall, it's an affordable, filling, and won't take all evening.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We couldn't tell if the people here were still there drunk from the night before or just up and at it early (their bar opens early here) A bunch of questionable characters in this place, some sleeping in the back booth, waitresses with miniskirts that were way to mini, etc. Service was painfully slow and food was mediocre. Came here as it was close to our hotel and reviews seemed ok. Boy, tripadvisor you steered us wrong this time. Will not return.

2  Thank Kim V
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Staff were attentive and 3pm - 5pm is Happy Hour with $4 appitizers and specials on beer but a poor wine selection.

1  Thank fochse