“Fav Richmond sushi spot for a few years running now..”
Review of Akida

Akida
Ranked #302 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Richmond, Virginia
“Fav Richmond sushi spot for a few years running now..”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

There are other good sushi spots in Richmond, but to me Akida is hands down the best. The prices, the flavor, and the traditional rolls all keep my husband and I coming back here year after year even though we don't technically live in Richmond anymore. The spicy tuna hand roll is definitely one I keep coming back to. I have not found a better spicy tuna in Richmond yet.

Visited August 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent sushi, low key atmosphere.”
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Extremely good sushi served in a friendly, almost neighborhood style restaurant. On the small side, nothing elegant, but quite fresh and very tasty - even had ivory tuna! Just don't park in the Bank of America parking lot across the street, which is closed even after hours on a demonstration of corporate stupidity of mindless scale. Proprietors of Akida are friendly, take pride in their restaurant, and it shows!

Chicago, Illinois
“good richmond sushi”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Until now, I have been pretty content with getting my sushi fix at Osaka on River Rd. But now Akida is my new favorite place for sushi in Richmond. Yes, it's a small place, but you're sure to get a table if you go for lunch.

I found the sushi to be really fresh and the service friendly. If you go for lunch, definitely order the 9.95 box lunch and you'll be full. It comes with a bowl of rice, traditional japanese salad, miso soup, 6 california rolls and 5 pieces of sushi. Wow.
The sushi (a variety of tuna, white tuna, snapper and salmon) was really good.

Even though I was full, I had to sample the spicy tuna rolls too. Those are a must order, and probably my favorite.

Visited July 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“My go-to sushi place”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My first choice for sushi when I'm in RVA and have my sushi-loving people with me...I make it a point to get here. Very small, there are probably less than 12 tables in there and some seating at the bar area. Good idea to get there early or at least try not to go with a large group. Delicious, fresh and not fussy. Not a long wait for your food and reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2012
Newnan, Georgia
“To notch sushi”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Felt likely to find this place while in Richmond for business. Had 2 great lunches here and got the chirashi each time. A bit hard to find and parking is tricky since the Bank of America apparently tows if you park in their lot but sushi is worth it.

Always a good sign when the sushi chefs speak in Japanase to themselves. Very fresh and "pretty" chirashi.

Haven't had the cooked options but assume generally standard Japanese fare.

So highly recommend if you are in the area and locals tell me it is better than a more popular sushi joint in CaryTown.

• Visited January 2012