“Small place; great sushi...”
Review of Akida

Akida
Ranked #349 of 1,632 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 2 January 2008

Small place; great sushi...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 November 2007

Best sushi in town, tops over Nara and Sticky, pleasant little place!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 23 September 2007

I found out about this place before a weekend trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. The food was top notch. My soon-to-be hubby and I are recent converts to the Sushi Nation and we are HOOKED. We had only been to one other sushi place in our hometown (Mikimoto's Wilmington, DE) so we were eager to spread our wings in a different city. It's small... very small, I'd read that there were 32 seats and that's exactly right, they couldn't fit a 33rd. The atmosphere isn't exactly what I would call romantic but the food and the prices more than made up for it. It's very casual, I had on a knit dress and basic black heels and felt overdressed.
We went around 9:00 on a Saturday night and there were only about 8 other people there. The service was prompt and the food was excellent, we ordered 6 rolls and each of them was great we also ordered appetizers and we each had a non-alcoholic drink and our bill was $60 or so... I just registered with trip advisor and we went there about 6 weeks ago so I can't remember the specific roll names but if you are a sushi lover you WILL NOT be dissapointed.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 March 2006

Freshest and best sushi in Richmond. The East end Akida serves slightly bigger pieces of sushi than the West end one, but both are excellent - we live near the West end one and go there often