“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The place does not look like much, but the food and service are outstanding. They even brought us 2 open bottles of wine to try before we settled on one. That was a first for me. The food is really creative. I will retun when I visit Richmond.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a perfect stop for a late lunch in Richmond- sat at the bar, great music, wonderful chatter all around, and a delicious sandwich and plantains. What a great little restaurant, in an ADORABLE neighborhood.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Wonderful neighborhood restaurant, wish there were one of these in F'burg. Delicious roast pork and Cuban sandwiches. Great plantain. The server was very helpful and even created a new sandwich combo to accommodate us. We dined early and did not experience any crowds but they had steady traffic and were filling up as we left around 6PM. The menu is a good value and certainly authentic. The tres leche cake that the server brought off the tab was luscious, a slice with an espresso would make my day anytime.

1  Thank jall55
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It's a neighborhood legend and doesn't take reservations, because it's always packed. Get there early and enjoy authentic Cuban food (we loved the roast pork and ropa vieja) along with a surprisingly eclectic selection of wines and beers. They don't have a full liquor license, so you'll have to forgo the mojito, but the portions and the quality make it so worthwhile. Come early, come hungry and you'll enjoy a real neighborhood gem!

1  Thank ltw52
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I used to eat here all the time when we lived around the corner. Now that we've moved further away, it's more of a special trip place for us. But if we're in The Fan, this is where we try to eat. It's small, and fills up fast, but it's worth the wait. If you're nearby and just need a pick-me-up, get a cafe con leche. My fave.

3  Thank Dave T