“Just barely okay”

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Just barely okay”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The one thing we love about Thai food is it's freshness and this is where this meal fell so short for us. The hubby ordered green curry which he loves and orders with extra vegetables. It was short on sauce, he asked for it to be spicy and it was barely flavorful. I ordered the Cashew Chicken, the portion was quite small and I do not have a particularly large appetite. But both of our main complaints was the lack of freshness that is generally present with Thai food, the vegetables were limp, bland, and colorless.

There are other choices for Thai in Richmond.

• Visited November 2013

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Cheerful service in a serene environment”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

No idea what Beauregard had in this room previously, but the Thai food found there now is traditional, tasty and served with joy. Homemade desserts that have to be tried.

Visited June 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Pleasant Surprise, Late Night Meal.”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We were on a road trip back from College in New Orleans. Stayed overnight in Richmond. Just to tired to go any further. No one in restaurant - it was after 9:30 but they were more than accomodating. The food was excellent. Son had the special homemade Drunken Noodles with Chicken. I had the Basil Beef - both superb!!! I will be back if in Richmond again---

Both nice and spicey - but they will vary the heat for you.

• Visited May 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Tasty, Aunthentic Thai Food”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Beauregard's Thai Room is one of the best representations of Thai food cuisine in Richmond, in my opinion. I just love coming here. It is a family business, owned by David. Service is always pleasant and welcoming. My favorite food in the menu is their Beauregard's Pad Thai. Every Thai restaurant has their own version of pad thai, but David makes this special spicy orange sauce that is just so delicious!! They still have the regular pad thai, but if you're like me, who loves a lil kick in their food, this is definitely a must try!! My other favorite food in their menu is their homemade icecream! All their flavors are mouthwatering and you can mix scoops to try different flavors, whatever they make in season. My favorite lastly is their gorgeous patio. This secret gem has a brick patio courtyard outside!! Its shaded mostly by magnolia trees. Perfect for special events and very romantic during dinner time. There's a bar lounge adjacent to the courtyard as well as a second floor for bigger parties or busy nights.

Overall, food portions are decent, I've always had to ask for a to go box. Prices can be pricey, especially for dinner. It may get a little crammed on its first floor if they don't open the second floor. Reservations are highly recommended for outside seating! Or you may be asked to wait for 45min or longer on a busy night. I highly recommend this place, definitely a treasure in the city.

• Visited March 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“So close and soooo good!”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed at a hotel just up the street and asked where we could find good Thai. This place was suggested without hesitation. Terrific food and just different enough from what we have at home to make it interesting. The satay was excellent and very fresh and my beef curry was really special. For dessert we had the home made mango ice cream.

• Visited April 2013