“Great find in Richmond.”
Review of Beauregard's Thai Room - CLOSED

Beauregard's Thai Room
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great find in Richmond.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This cozy place is tuckked into a quaint row of houses in downtown Richmond. The front desk clerk at my hotel said that this was a must try so I did.
Had the Thai grilled pork chop with soup and salad and it was honestly one of the bbest tasting cuts of pork that I have had in a long time.
Stop by and enjoy the experience if in the area.

Visited May 2014

Ashland, Virginia
“Intimate Restaurant Falls a Bit Short on Flavor”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

First of all, I am not an expert in Thai flavors, and I usually will order Pad Thai, because that is what will tell me if it is a "good" place or not. However, because of a Groupon deal, my dining companion and I were able to split an appetizer and a dessert, and each get an entree. This allowed me to be a bit "adventurous" in choosing my main meal. First off, we shared a fried wonton appetizer, which were supposed to be filled with ground shrimp and spices. The wontons were thin and crispy, but very short on filling. (Maybe about 1/4 teaspoon in each wonton.) It came with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce and everything had a good flavor.

For my main dish, I debated between Pad Thai, their "house" Pad Thai, and two other dishes, finally choosing GOONG PAD WOON SEN, which was cellophane noodles stir-fried with shrimp, straw mushrooms, egg and scallions. It was served with a hefty portion of rice.

The dish was good, but not great. It lacked any real flavor and needed soy sauce or something else to elevate the flavors. There were five medium size butterflied shrimp in the dish that were just a tad overcooked and very few scallions. Although it was good, I was disappointed, because I could have replicated the dish in my kitchen and make it taste outstanding. I took half of my entree home to enhance for the next day's lunch. Just to make it clear, we were not offered any type of sauce to add to the dish.

My companion chose a chef's special, which consisted of salmon, over a bed of vegetables in a red curry sauce, also served with rice. He was very satisfied with his selection.

We shared a slice of bread pudding for dessert. It was not a traditional bread pudding, but seemed more like pound cake that had been repurposed into a dessert with caramel sauce. I missed the raisins, but it was a sweet and tasty end to the meal.

I would go back to this restaurant, but would probably choose a spicier selection. The atmosphere is intimate and cozy, but you may be sitting too close to other couples for comfort, especially if you are looking for a semi-romantic meal.

• Visited March 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Just barely okay”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The one thing we love about Thai food is it's freshness and this is where this meal fell so short for us. The hubby ordered green curry which he loves and orders with extra vegetables. It was short on sauce, he asked for it to be spicy and it was barely flavorful. I ordered the Cashew Chicken, the portion was quite small and I do not have a particularly large appetite. But both of our main complaints was the lack of freshness that is generally present with Thai food, the vegetables were limp, bland, and colorless.

There are other choices for Thai in Richmond.

• Visited November 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Cheerful service in a serene environment”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

No idea what Beauregard had in this room previously, but the Thai food found there now is traditional, tasty and served with joy. Homemade desserts that have to be tried.

Visited June 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Pleasant Surprise, Late Night Meal.”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We were on a road trip back from College in New Orleans. Stayed overnight in Richmond. Just to tired to go any further. No one in restaurant - it was after 9:30 but they were more than accomodating. The food was excellent. Son had the special homemade Drunken Noodles with Chicken. I had the Basil Beef - both superb!!! I will be back if in Richmond again---

Both nice and spicey - but they will vary the heat for you.

• Visited May 2013