“NIce atmosphere average Italian food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Frank's West Pizzeria Italian
Ranked #311 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Cape Canaveral, Florida
“NIce atmosphere average Italian food”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Nestled in a shopping center complex is a well decorated nice atmosphere restaurant. The waiter was professional and courteous, well informed, and attentive. My boyfriend had the spaghetti and meatballs which was a bit bland. The sauce was uneventful and reminded us of "jar" sauce. I had the shrimp scampi which was flavorful and the shrimp were large but a bit overcooked. My boyfriend's sister had the veal which had the same bland sauce.

It's a overpriced for the food though they try making up for the lack of taste by giving you plenty of food. We did notice that many people came in to pick up pizzas...maybe we will try that out since their dinners weren't worth the 20 dollars a plate.

• Visited July 2012

Virginia
“Can you say never again? And I live close by.”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

3rd strike.--2 times before have not been good experiences but for some reason my husband says...oh lets try it again. If I could give it a negative one I would. Okay first off the food is decent enough but not worth the wait. I actually felt even worse for the family that sat next to us. They also had 2 young kids, but also their older parents and a few other relatives. They were seated before us and their food arrived after ours and they ONLY ORDERED PIZZA. We ordered 3 entrees and a large cheese (no other toppings) pizza. What I did notice was that there were a lot of to go orders coming in through the phone. Guess who got their pizza's before us and the other table? We were there from 7:30 p.m. and didn't get our pizza till about 15 minutes before 9 p.m. I kept trying to give their other family a few slices for their kids. Thank g-d both tables had iphones to try and ward off any starving kid meltdowns.
Also: 1 glass of red wine was $13 and it was an average wine...don't even pay that at nice sitdowns without kids
Our bill for 3 entrees, 1 plain cheese pizza, 2 apple juices, 2 redwines was $110.00!

• Visited March 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Never Again - Long Wait for Pizza and Terrible Management Response”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

NEVER AGAIN! We've been to Frank's perhaps a dozen times in the past 7 years. Each time I wonder why we paid the premium over what a "pizza joint" should cost. We kept going back because they're close, their food is okay and service is good (normally), but after tonight, never again. We went with our 4 & 6 year old and sat at the bar waiting for a table. They quoted 10 minutes but it was 30 before we sat down. After ordering, it was 45 minutes to get a pizza, 2 specials and 1 pasta dish. The bill was $110! After 40 minutes I suggested to the owner that they should really start offering a glass of wine to those customers who were waiting (at least 3 tables had ridiculous waits for pizza). Nothing. Not even offering to comp the $13 pizza on a $110 bill. In fairness they did offer a free dessert, but after 9pm our kids could not handle any more. No more chances for Frank's West. We're done!

• Visited March 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Solidly good Italian food with a very friendly waitstaff.”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We are a fairly regular customer at Frank's. It is my wife's favorite alternative to staying home. The meals are very classic Italian and the menu doesn't change much. We like that predictability. But most of all we enjoy the extremely nice staff and careful attention serving us.

1 Thank William L
Central VA
“Probably the best NY Style pizza in town”
Reviewed 2 August 2009

The owner is from Italy, and it shows in the food. The pizza is excellent, if you like NY Style pie.
If your first concern when getting pizza is "do they have coupons", Franks is probably not your place.

This place, along with Capriccio's serve consistently good pizza. Sometimes I think this place is better, other times Capriccio's Both will do for me any time, thank you very much.

The eggplant parm is very good as well.