“Awesome Cuban and service!!”

Star-lite Dining & Lounge
Ranked #345 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: It‘s Star-lite now, and hopefully forever. But this location was originally home to Soble‘s and his famous burgers from 1987 to 2000. Devil‘s Kitchen was next (but only for a little while) and then we took over in late 2001. Ever since, 2600 West Main Street has been Star-lite . . . just the way we like it. As a tribute, we still offer the famous "Soble‘s burger" and of course — if it ain‘t broke, don‘t fix it — we‘ve kept the neighborhood bar atmosphere that‘s kept this place so popular in the Fan for decades.
Kingsville, Texas
“Awesome Cuban and service!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The menu is overwhelming with all of the wonderful comfort and global food offered. You can eat inside the historical pub-like atmosphere or the breezy outside café-style area. I had their Cuban sandwich which I asked if it could be in a wrap and was accommodated. The sandwich was WONDERFUL, but huge so I could only eat half. Knowing that I would be still shopping, I was regretting now being able to take the other half with me. The waitress offered to box my sandwich and store it for me until I could return!! What service!! I highly recommend this great little restaurant in the heart of the Carytown District of Richmond, VA.

• Visited May 2014

Leesburg, Virginia
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My husband and I were in town for Arts in the Park and came across Starlight on our way. We stopped in for a quick bite and ended up with a great breakfast. My husband had the "I can't make up my mind" plate which had a bit of all his favorite breakfast foods. He said it was all good especially the blueberry pancakes. I had an omelette that was stuffed full. It came with cinnamon apples and a biscuit. Everything was excellent. Looking for a reason to be back in Richmond at breakfast time!

• Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Good local spot for drinks... That's about it”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

When traveling I always try to check out the local spots and this is definitely a popular one for those in this area (called "The Fan"). It's fun just to go grab a drink, meet new people, and hang out. Besides that, I wouldn't expect much more. It looks a little outdated, the food is nothing to brag about... all in all, just nothing special. The staff is great and they treat you well, which helps. A fine place to get a drink and hang out with townies. If that's all you're looking for, then check it out! Wouldn't recommend if you're looking for something more than that.

• Visited February 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Bar, Less so a Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Star-Lite was a star when it first opened, but over the years, it has suffered fatigue. The servers and bar tenders are great, but the restaurant, especially the food, needs an update and the building needs an overhaul. It's a fine place to go to for drinks and sandwiches and noshes, but don't expect anything remarkable. I go occasionally for the specials and to visit the staff but not much else.

Visited November 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“great brunch and huge salads”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Always a popular brunch spot, I've eaten dinner here a couple of times and it was tasty. Also a fun bar at night!