“Superb Authentic Italian Food”
Review of Chianti

Chianti
Ranked #335 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Richmond, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Authentic Italian Food”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This is one of my wife's and my favorite restaurants in Richmond. It is run by two authentic Italian folks, Frank and Marta Bussa. They can always be seen in their open kitchen preparing delicious treats. My favorite in the winter is the Marta's lasagan while my wife's is the chicken marsala. A great summer time treat for a light meal is the eggplant rollatini.

Their antipasta salads and pizzas are wonderful, also.

Be sure to say "hello" to Marta and Frank when you visit. You will feel at home.

• Visited September 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Always stellar”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The service, food, ambience and portions at Chianti's never disappoint. It is a relaxing, quiet place to dine.

• Visited May 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“good i guess”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I've ordered take out from this place a few times it's italian food and i love italian food so it is usual good.The last time I was there I ordered spegetti and I got violently ill. Never ate there again but that was just one experience all the other times the food was fine.

Visited May 2011
Richmond, VA
“A family favorite.”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My two kids LOVE the white pizza here. Must be all the garlic. The staff here is always so kind, feels like the kind of restaurants we used to go to when I lived in Ohio. Very family-run and enormous, tasty portions.

Visited February 2012
Richmond
“My favorite restaurant”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Friends introduced us to this terrific restaurant two yearsago and and we've returned nearly every week. A nice range of well-priced entrees, homemade pizzas, subs, sandwiches, wines and beer in a light and welcoming atmosphere. Specials using the freshest local ingredients. The owners work as hard as the personable waitstaff. Great service and a great value. I have never had a bad meal here!

• Visited March 2012