“Used to be great, now mediocre”
Review of El Paso

El Paso
Ranked #304 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Used to visit regularly and went tonight after a 6 month gap. When I left the place I had to check the sign to see if it had changed. Used to have excellent food and unbelievably fast service. Seating was fast, but food delivery was slow and it took even longer to get/pay check. Food was overcooked and was, at best, so-so. Formerly friendly service has been replaced by people who seem to not enjoy dealing with customers. I might go again in the off-chance that this was just a bad night, but if I experience the same, I'll avoid the place. It's a shame - used to be a great experience.

1  Thank MikeP_in_VA

Reviewed 4 November 2008

we had a good dinner; food hot and tasty; went to pay and use a coupon which required purchase of 2 drinks (non-alcoholic at about $2. each); instead, 1 of us had water and 1 of us purchased an $8.50 margarita; the manager at register, alonzo i believe, would not honor the coupon and was rude; when i stated that he was ahead, he said, that was no matter, i didn't buy the 2 soft drinks; ridiculous! bad customer service! told him we will never be back and i threw the coupon on the floor.

Reviewed 10 April 2008

El Paso is my favorite place.
i come there almost everyday with the girls i work with or my sissy. Nelson is my favorite server, and they have great sevice. they are very enexpensive and very good. food is cooked very fast and always warm. looooove it! i recommend the chicken quesadilla:)

Reviewed 8 December 2007

Average for the area.

Reviewed 5 October 2007

Out of our local Mexican haunts (Mexico, Casa Grande, etc), El Paso at Cox/Three Chopt (near Broad St) is our #1 favorite!

El Paso's Pros:
- Extensive menus with loads of selections!
- Willingness to customize your favorite dish (don't like beans, that's ok - they'll allow you to put extra rice in place of the beans)!
- The food is served piping hot - Yum!
- Frozen margaritas are delicious as they are generous on the taquilla.
- Dinners are fairly priced, and lunches are perfect for penny pinchers!
- The wait staff and kitchen work quickly and they go the extra mile by remembering their frequent fliers. :o)
- Clean tables, plates, glasses and silverwear

El Paso Cons:
- The seats need some TLC
- Some tables don't match the size of the booth (they come up a little short)

We have tried the local places, and none compare to El Paso. If you're craving delicious Mexican food, this is the place to go! Enjoy! :o)

1  Thank AVandrie