“Really Great Italian Food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #160 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Really Great Italian Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very nice comfortable and clean restaurant, with friendly staff and excellent and delicious food. Nice pasta dishes. We recommend this restaurant, but sometimes there is a line to get in on the weekends, but worth the wait.

Visited August 2012

Rockwall, Texas
“Still Doing Well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

They changed managers, but the new manager is working hard to keep the business as robust as ever. The restaurant is run well and consistently delivers great food. I do think they could expand the choice of vegetables as side dishes, but other than that...a well run operation.

• Visited May 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We usually avoid "chain" restaurants but have recently made an exception by dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill in Richmond, VA. Although we usually try different restaurants in our area, we have been to Carrabba's twice in the last two months and had consistently good food each time. The seafood was fresh and plentiful in my pasta dish which was served with a fresh salad that was not the usual mixed greens with a few grape tomatoes. It was full of fresh vegetables and their house dressing was very tasty. Our server kept our bread basket full and made sure we had everything we needed. The service was terrific...she checked on us just enough without being "pesty." Our party of four received our food quickly, especially considering how busy it was. We passed on dessert, but they sounded wonderful. The take away for us: don't avoid all chains, you might surprise yourself! Good job, Carrabba's in every way and we will be back!

• Visited April 2013
Midlothian, Virginia
“You will enjoy this chain restauratn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Ok, we finally went back to Carrabbas after visiting this place years ago. Yes I like this place. The bar drinks were terrific and the food selection is very good and tasty. Service was good and the staff are very friendly and trained well. I was very please with my dinner selection and so was my wife. Everything on the menu looked good. I enjoyed the fact that dinner was served hot which can be a problem at many restaurants. Now the bad news. You can wait for ever to get seated. Yes you can call ahead for a time slot which may or may not work. It's not a particularly big place and when we arrived, people were waiting outside. We finally got seated within 40 minutes and got a very nice table. You can eat at the bar if you wish but I wanted a table. I would recommend going on an off night or at least call ahead for a time slot which we did not do. You will like this place.

Visited April 2013
Blackstone, Virginia, United States
“Enjoyable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

I ate there the evening of March 21st. I felt like it was good, but not remarkable. The parking was good--it's in the confines of the Chesterfield Town Center parking lot. There was no wait--it was about 8:15. The tables have this pitiful vinyl design to mimic stone, but it isn't fooling anyone. Our waiter was truly fantastic though--a nice young man, a junior at VCU, who was well prepared for all our questions, who was very attentive, and who made the evening enjoyable. We did not wait one moment for refills or bread. The food was good--the broccoli was undercooked, the grilled chicken was very good, the garlic potatoes like everyone else's. My friends each had traditional, pasta meals and raved about them, so if I return, I will something different.

Visited March 2013