“Really not good”

Ranked #195 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amelia Island, Florida
“Really not good”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had eaten at Carrabba's before and didn't care for it, but we were celebrating our daughter's birthday and it was her husband's choice---I ordered a pasta dish. No Italian restaurant worth its salt overcooks pasta. I guess that pretty much sums it up. It wasn't saved by the sauce, either--it was just bland--I make better pasta at home.

• Visited June 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Italian Yummy!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was REALLY good Italian fare! Have only eaten here twice but everything was perfect both times. Don't try to get in on Friday or Saturday though. The line is out the door. I guess that means the food is good!

Visited April 2014
“A definite return!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stopped in today for lunch, and it fell just short of 5 stars--if I could have given it 4 1/2 I would have! Hubby ordered off the lunch menu, and had veal piccata--which was excellent. I ordered a favorite, ravioli from the lunch menu, and this brought down my rating that little bit. Not quite enough sauce to please, although the sauce present was good, and not quite as good as a few other places in the area (I order it everywhere, love the stuff!). The bread was warm and delicious, and the salad was excellent, too, nice mixed greens and good Italian dressing. The only other item we had was penne with olive oil sauce, which my husband liked. The waiter was pleasant, efficient and perfectly fine. It was quiet enough to talk easily even though it began to get quite busy during the time we were there. The dining room was pleasant, clean and tidy and nice to look at. Lunch is served until 3--we like to go out for a late lunch and skip supper--good for 70+ folks. One caveat--it you tend to get chilly easily, bring a sweater--I was glad I did, it was a bit cool.

• Visited June 2014
Covington, Virginia
“Excellent meal, excellent ambience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We received excellent service and it was quick. I love Carrabba's lasagna and my husband opts for the spaghetti and meatballs. Love the bread and dipping sauce as well. We'll be back.

• Visited March 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Not your real Italian place”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My first time there, and a new restaurant opening, I went to see what the fuss was all about.....The food was average, not your REAL Italian, The server was young and way too chatty, making a fuss over my 4 year old, telling me her life story of her 2 year old.I wished she would of just did her job and kept it short. The Minestrone soup was potatoes, beans and very little pasta in a broth chef may not of followed recipe for minestrone....The server was serving so fast, by the time I was taking two bites of my salad, dinner was on the table along with the appetizer I hadn't touched....it looked as if 4 people were eating with all the plates on the table. I felt as if food was being shoved down my throat, not a pleasant feeling of being rushed. and there were 6 customers in the entire place. My Lobster ravioli had no hint of lobster and was very pasty and dry. The child spaghetti and meatball was very good, my daughter enjoyed it, The bread was so hard and dry, it must of been sitting in the kitchen too long. and she wasn't sure how much herbs to add to the oil so it was so bitter along with the dry hard bread. The server then disappeared and I had other people serving dessert and wine...I asked where she was and they said, ummm I am not sure. Dessert was awesome, the crème Brulee was spot on. If I had to return it would have to be the last place available, but I may go to 1 other in another location before I make a solid decision never to return.

• Visited March 2014