“Fabulous food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

The food is Amazing. Delicious. I even customized my dish a bit and was perfection. Plenty of food...plenty. The atmosphere/decor is very dated. The chairs are rickety and I felt I had to sit still worrying it would collapse...and I'm an average sized person.
BUT the food was awesome and I will go back. All 4 of us were extremely satisfied with our meals.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Everything is delicious and the portions are huge. The food is the draw to this low key family run restaurant near the University of Richmond. Everything on the large menu is so tasty... homemade rolls, salad with the house dressing, the typical appetizers of caprese salad and anti pasta are so fresh. Don't overlook the regular specials on the red menu sheet. I usually get the money bags - gorgonzola and pear in a pasta wrap with a light cream and wine sauce with huge lumps of crab with spinach. My kids usually get a large pizza and I try to get half a piece. It tastes like fresh bread and cheese.
The fish is always wonderful! If I want something heavier, I love the eggplant parmigiana. Michael is a genius in the kitchen for me!
The only reason the overall rating is not excellent is due to decor. It's more low key. The food is the best!

1  Thank Allison W
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Had a great Valentine's meal here with some friends during a business trip. Food was great and the wine recommendation right on. Family owned and operated and shows.

1  Thank SalMTravels
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stop at Angel's going south during school vacation in Feburary for the past 7 years . It is just far enough from Massachusetts to take a rest and have some good food before going on to Myrtle Beach or Daytona or whereever south. They have a new restaurant this year across the road from the old one. It is very bright and clean very comfortable to make the tradition carry on.
The food is still very good and I had spagetti and meatballs and it was super good this year.
Tiffany took care of us and was very freindly and attendtive. Too bad it is so far wewould eat there often.

1  Thank moony508
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is my first ever review - deemed necessary due to the quality and taste of the meal. My daughter and I are in town visiting colleges and found Angela's. The caprese appetizer with proscuito was so fresh and we followed it up with the gnocchi in a truffle cream sauce and jumbo shrimp. I saw the filets and veal chops go by with lump crab meat and gorgonzola sauce...let's just say worth coming back for!

I just love a place that does it well...and I had to tell the world.

1  Thank Roisin B