“Pleasant sun-soaked lunch on the deck”

Legend Brewing Company
Ranked #58 of 1,608 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Richmond, Virginia
“Pleasant sun-soaked lunch on the deck”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Arrived around 1:30pm on a Saturday for lunch. Our group of 3 asked to sit on the deck, and we were seated right away. The hostess initially showed us to a table in the shade, but we opted for a table in the sun at the edge of the deck with a nice view of the Richmond downtown and the brown, rapid-filled James River.

It took several minutes for our waiter to greet us. He then told us all the beer specials and answered several questions we had about the beers and food. Our waiter then took our order, and we got our beers a few minutes later--a Pilsner, a Golden, and a Hefeweissen. We were all happy with our choices thanks to our waiter's good descriptions and advice. Our food arrived 10-15 minutes after that. My fish tacos made with red snapper were very good. My sister-in-law's Reuben sandwich was tasty. My husband said his burger was fine, not great.

We had a very pleasant lunch on a perfect sunny day with a nice view. We then ordered a second round of beers which came pretty quickly. I would definitely return here. Next time I'd like to try a flight of beers to sample more of Legend's beer variety.

• Visited May 2014

Columbus
“Sit on the Deck”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a group of six guys and we arrived around 6:30 on a Sat. night in April Weather was great so we wanted to sit outside We had to wait about 45 min. for a table on the deck which overlooks the James River . While the service was not fast it was acceptable. The food took a long time to come but that gave us more time to try different beers and ales and enjoy a warm and sunny evening. I had a pasta dish which was average but did find an IPA that was very good. If you want a great view and craft beer this is the place.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service was aweful”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

About the only good about my experience here was the beer and pretzels. Save your time and go to a brewery where they care about service.

Horsham, PA
“Terrible service - skip this restaurant”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were a group of 37 walkers, who had started a walk at this restaurant. We like to patronize businesses who allow us to start at their location. The management knew that we were coming for lunch and when. We arrived in small groups with plenty of time until our departure. Wait staff were slow to even bring menus to the table (one table waited 20 minutes). I joined a group that arrived before me. I was allowed to place my order, but it couldn't be entered because there was a "hold" on new orders. One friend wasn't even allowed to give his order to the wait staff person. I waited one hour from the time I arrived until my food was delivered. I had to get a take-home box to eat it on the bus.

There were multiple problems with our visit to this brewery. There are insufficient staff to serve the patrons. The kitchen is so tiny so few orders can be prepared at any one time. (Our wait staff person, Taylor, apologized to us several times about the delay in delivering our food.). The pub advertises Happy Hour on Saturdays from 1:00 to 4:00 (same time as our visit) with reduced prices on beer. Yet, we were not informed of this Happy Hour and, in fact, were charged full price for our beer.

Richmond, Va
“Amazing view!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went for a quick early lunch, the food was fresh and was brought out quickly. The waitress was very attentive to our needs (with a one year old!) and really knew the beers. Always a great experience, make sure to go for the live music!