“Great Atmosphere and Food”

Legend Brewing Company
Ranked #65 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Kids, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport News, Virginia
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nice relaxing evening with view of the Richmond Skyline. Wonderful food, great beverages, and cool bluegrass band outside! We came on a Friday night and our server was busy, yet very attentive and provided excellent service. We will be back! Delicious fish and chips, huge Reuben, and yummy Mac and Cheese!

Visited June 2014

Midlothian, Virginia
“Great Beer and View - Poor Service”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our group of five went to Legend Brewing on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon. We ate outside and enjoyed the weather and the view. My Hefeweizen was wonderful and everyone enjoyed their beers. Unfortunately, our waitress from Boston failed to tell me about the happy hour that was going on until 4:00PM (1/2 pitcher for $5). So I paid double the price for my beer and so did my brother and his wife. The food was average. My turkey wrap with fries was $10.99. I looked at my plate and asked if it had sauce on it and the waitress from Boston said it had guacamole. It was very dry, I went inside and checked the menu before I left and I was supposed to have received a side of honey mustard with this wrap. To sum it up: Mediocre food, very poor bordering on rude service, beautiful view of the Richmond skyline and good beer.

Milford, New Hampshire
“Good beer and tasty burgers”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went here on a Friday night, when the deck outside was packed. That was OK, as it looked like rain was coming later on. We were promptly seated inside, but service was continuously slow for the hour and a half we were there. It looked like all of the servers had tables inside and out, which left them scrambling to get to everyone. Once we got our beer, we were very pleased. The Porter and the Brown Ale were excellent. We both had burgers which were cooked as requested, heartily sized and perfectly juicy. Thumbs up for the fries that go along with them as well. Speed up the service and it becomes a top notch craft beer and food joint.

Richmond, Virginia
“Pleasant sun-soaked lunch on the deck”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Arrived around 1:30pm on a Saturday for lunch. Our group of 3 asked to sit on the deck, and we were seated right away. The hostess initially showed us to a table in the shade, but we opted for a table in the sun at the edge of the deck with a nice view of the Richmond downtown and the brown, rapid-filled James River.

It took several minutes for our waiter to greet us. He then told us all the beer specials and answered several questions we had about the beers and food. Our waiter then took our order, and we got our beers a few minutes later--a Pilsner, a Golden, and a Hefeweissen. We were all happy with our choices thanks to our waiter's good descriptions and advice. Our food arrived 10-15 minutes after that. My fish tacos made with red snapper were very good. My sister-in-law's Reuben sandwich was tasty. My husband said his burger was fine, not great.

We had a very pleasant lunch on a perfect sunny day with a nice view. We then ordered a second round of beers which came pretty quickly. I would definitely return here. Next time I'd like to try a flight of beers to sample more of Legend's beer variety.

Columbus
“Sit on the Deck”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a group of six guys and we arrived around 6:30 on a Sat. night in April Weather was great so we wanted to sit outside We had to wait about 45 min. for a table on the deck which overlooks the James River . While the service was not fast it was acceptable. The food took a long time to come but that gave us more time to try different beers and ales and enjoy a warm and sunny evening. I had a pasta dish which was average but did find an IPA that was very good. If you want a great view and craft beer this is the place.

• Visited April 2014