“Great Deck, Great Time”

Ranked #71 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went on a Friday night and was worried about having to wait, but got a seat on the deck no problem. After reading other reviews I was prepared for the slow service. So, we weren't in hurry. Enjoyed the band, the beer and the burgers. An all around good choice. If you are on a schedule this probably not the place for you, but to just go hang out for a couple hours, its really enjoyable.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The food was bland and mediocre, the beer was very average (nothing was a standout or particularly well crafted) and the atmosphere was very much like a chain restaurant. There are MUCH better options for good beer and food in the Richmond and Midlothian areas --- especially for the price.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had dinner at the Legend Brewing Company on Friday. The place was rather busy but that did not slow service. The selection of craft beers was great and the server's knowledge of the product was outstanding.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Legend Brewing Company is a great gem in Richmond with authentic craft beers and stunning views of the city. Having gone on a Saturday night with family we saw that it was probably a bit too crowded for the servers to give 100% of attention to each table, but the food was good and the patio was pleasant to sit on which is why I am still giving the restaurant a "very good". There was an eclectic group of patrons as well; couples on dates, family gatherings ( 1 or 2 loud drinking groups) so the outside dining option with view was nice for all.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Based on other reviews on TA and Yelp I was a little hesitant about going because I hate waiting and I especially hate slow service and both of these minuses were in a number of reviews. Plus they only take reservations for groups of 8 or more so my group of 5 would have to be in the first come first served category. The beer is definitely a draw but EVERYONE wants to sit out on the deck for a view of the downtown skyline which is very cool and where the band is. We went on a nice Sunday afternoon. Every Sunday they have a Bluegrass Band out on the deck from 6:30 to 9:30 so when I called the hostess advised that I should get there before 6:00 if I wanted to avoid a wait. So we got there at 5:45 (a bit early I know) and we were immediately seated. The deck was about 1/3 full. The band actually started playing a little after 6:00. Justin, our waiter, showed up quickly took our drink orders and gave great recommendations on the beer. We soon placed our food orders and were served right at a good pace. By 7:00 on our way out, the deck looked full although I did not see anyone waiting on our way out the door. So our experience was very good. Justin was a great waiter, the band was good and the view was great. The food was only OK. Not bad by any means but not outstanding but afterall its a brewing company. I would say average on the food. Selections are burgers, salads, sandwhiches like French Dip, Cheesesteak etc. No pizza on the menu. I think the service you get so often depends on your waiter/waitress, the time you get there and if there is some kind of event going on. Anyway I would definitely go back but take other reviewers experience as a way to avoid a disappointing night. BTW Legends Music is First Fridays 8 PM to 9PM.