“Only go there if you want to be assaulted by the owner”
Review of Candela's Pizzeria

Candela's Pizzeria
Ranked #441 of 1,607 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Virginia
“Only go there if you want to be assaulted by the owner”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I went there with a seize the deal coupon and when we tried to pay the owner/manager would not accept our coupon because he said "it is not good with any other offers". What was the other offer we ordered??? Two items on the menu!!!!! So I guess that anything on the menu is not available for use with the coupon. I had given him my credit card and he refused to give it back to me until I threatened to call the police. Since he would not take my credit card I was leaving cash for the amount i should pay as well as a tip. that was when the owner/manager came up to me and got right in my face.
As far as the food is concerned, it is fairly good but not worth the hassle. We will never go back there again. Only go if you like to be assaulted.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank VA-Photog

Virginia
“Food Good, Service Awfully SLOWWWWWWWW”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My wife and I went here because we had a "Seize the Deal" voucher. My wife ordered the Lasagna and I ordered the Spaghetti Carbonara. The service was very, very slow. The lasagna tasted like it was made with a sweet pizza sauce. Surprsingly, the Carbonaa was probably one of the best that I have eaten in the states (except fo mine of course). My wife asked fo a box to take the rest of her lasagna home. That is usually a hint to your server to bring the check. Not ours!! We finally had to ask 3 different people before we finally got our check. Then when we tried to use a $15 voucher on a $24 check, then owner tried to take the tax out of our voucher, making it worth only $14. If you use a voucher be sure you keep an eye on your total.
The food was pretty good, and they would have gotten a 5/5 if the sevice was not a 0/5!!!!

• Visited September 2011
“Charming friendly restaurant”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We were on the road and with two kids were sick of fast food. We stopped here because a strong thunderstorm hit at dinner time so we pulled off.

The atmosphere looks like typical family owned restaurant and the food is very good. Nice soup and salad bar comes with most meals or you can have it solo.

Didn't try the pizza, but the subs were very good as was the pasta. Came quickly and was reasonably priced. We saw about four police officers eating there so it must be a local law enforcement favorite!

Knoxville, TN
“Very tasty, no frills”
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We enjoyed our dinner experience at Candela's and would return. The food would compare well to most "uptown" restaurants. The atmosphere is neighborhood pizza parlor and we experienced very good wait service. When we inquired; what woulld you recommend, we received a fairly critical analysis of the food fair. We found the veal flourentine nicely prepared and tasty, with well-done frozen spinach (if that's not an oxymoron).

Iammissingit
“not so good if you really like pizza”
Reviewed 11 December 2009

We paid 72.00 for pizza that had burnt crust and a gooey center. Perhap people in VA really don't care about the quality of the pizza but we do and this was horrible!!!!!!!!!

Been to Candela's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!