“Hipster Brunching”

821 Bakery Cafe
Ranked #122 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Richmond, Virginia
“Hipster Brunching”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is the place to be on a Saturday or Sunday morning in the Fan.

Strong mimosas, a nice beer selection and hearty brunch fare--from breakfast burritos to bagels with cream cheese and lox.

The food is very good, but not haute cuisine. It gets crowded for brunch, and you may have to wait outside.

Really nice exemplar of the Fan Brunch.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TravelinTeacherAU

Durham, NC, USA
“Very good food for vegan and omni alike.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Long wait for a Saturday, to be expected it's a tiny spot, but great personality and friendly staff. The food! I had the buffalo tofu and I've never had tofu with such infused flavor...a must have, bloody mary was yummy, fried artichoke app was delish but sub the sweer dipping sauce they provide with the garlic tahini dressing. My beau had the mighty meaty with potatoes and two over easy eggs on top... looked like a bowl of yuck, but he said it was phenomenal.

• Visited February 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
“Go To Brunch spot”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This place is the best. I take out of town friends here, and I get fellow Richmonder's hooked. Thanks to a recommendation from a friend, this is our consistent brunch spot in town! Prices are good, they have a TON of variety, and very vegan/vegetarian friendly! Its usually seat yourself if you get there early enough--which I would recommend getting there early! Service is usually great--servers are super friendly and chatty. A few times our food has come out painfully slow BUT I attriubte that nothing more to the fact that we were there during rush, and there was 9 of us. They make a great cup of coffee and the rosemary potatoes are a favorite side. They always have great new specials up every time we go... snickerdoodle french toast anyone?! Almost don't want to let people know about this place. (FYI, try to go when VCU students aren't there and it won't be quiet as busy!)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jackie M
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Great vegan and vegetarian breakfast items”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Four of us arrived at 9AM opening for Sunday brunch and got seated right away. Not a big place and people were waiting when we left. No wonder because the food and service were great. Considered the best vegan breakfasts in town. We had vegan and vegetarian burritos and a tofu scramble. Everything was delicious.

Visited November 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Very reasonable!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This seems to be one of the better and the most original breakfast places if you don't wanna go to the Carytown. The menu offers a pretty wide range of meals for breakfast, brunch and lunch. The atmosphere is very homely, yet hipster-y at the same time. Pretty cool art all over the walls of the restaurant. You get a decent meal for the price you pay. We had no issues with the service, but I probably wouldn't give it a 5-star rating, if I compared it to other breakfast places I've been to. However, I'd definitely suggest this place to others visiting Richmond