“Superior Rockfish!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
“Superior Rockfish!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Stopped in at one of my regular handouts, The Tavern. I started with a small Asian salad. it was not small but it was delicious! The dressing was not hot but it had a gentle spicy homemade dressing. 4****. I ordered a tender, moist rockfish which was melt in your mouth grilled to perfection. 4****. It was accompanied by plain white rice and steamed zucchini. 3***. The Tavern staff are friendly. Attire is anything. This is a family friendly establishment. Frequent it! Everything it GOOD!

Visited May 2013

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Friendly Neighborhood Hangout”
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner before the UR/VCU basketball game because Toast was jammed. We were able to order right away...we split a burger, and our friends got a burger and a chicken quesadilla. Everything was well-presented and they were kind enough to divide our split order onto 2 plates without being asked.

Our burger was a bit pinker than "medium" but no time to send it back...our friend's burger was perfectly done and the quesa looked scrumptious.

It wasn't a showstopper meal but it was tasty and perfectly acceptable. My husband enjoyed a local Hardywood beer.

Richmond, VA
“Same old, Same old”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We've been going to the Tavern for years and the menu has never changed. Even the specials are just rotated and there's rarely anything new. I'm bored of eating there. The food is just ok. This place is in dire need of an update, both in the interior and the menu. Nice people work there and the service is always great. They also do takeout, which is nice. But I don't think we'll be going back all that often.

Visited November 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Local Spot”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The Tavern brings back their loyal customers regularly because of their comfortable, homey atmosphere. Kids fit in nicely as it isn't a quiet or sensitve vibe. The food is great. Get the ribs or the quesadillas. Great offerings on specials too!

Visited November 2012
Virginia
“Great food!”
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

I brought my parents here to try it. I have always loved the food here and they did not dissapoint that night. My parents loved it! I had the shrimpburger, dad had the cheesesteak, mom had a salad, and hubby had the naked pasta. I love the food! I will be back!