“Great service and good beer”
Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Ranked #319 of 1,728 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

The Tavern has a very old style pub/tavern feel to it. The wooden doors and decor inside.

The food is amazing and the cheeseburger is top notch. Typical pub fare served in a neat place in a hideaway corner.

Had a pumpkin porter while waiting for take out an it was served by a nice bartender.

Definitely a great spot for lunch or a beer on a slow day.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Visited with wife & 6 year old great nephew. Have been a regular diner since moving here 6 yrs ago. Is usuallyquite good. My fried oysters were excellent. Nephew's corn dogs & lemonade were good. Having enjoyed their usually very good hamburgers many times in the past, wife was looking forward to enjoying a med-rare hamburger. Unfortunately, it arrived that arrived well done & dry. Our server was nonchalant at best & offered no help. Maybe it was just a bad Tuesday night, but it'll be awhile before we try that again.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I just had to try the shrimpburger based on the reviews of others and it was delicious, although I have to admit I did eat it with a knife and fork. The fries are the crispiest I have ever eaten; they had just a sprinkle of salt, but would have been great if they had more seasoning. Others in my group had the BBQ sandwich, cheesesteak, and salmon burger. It was a lunch with co-works, so no alcohol. I'm planning to return with my family to check out the rest of the menu and the beer list!

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We are visiting relatives here in Richmond, and my son recommended this restaurant due to very friendly/accommodating to my active 23 month old Grandson. Shrimp burger and the Oktoberfest special very well liked.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stopped in at one of my regular handouts, The Tavern. I started with a small Asian salad. it was not small but it was delicious! The dressing was not hot but it had a gentle spicy homemade dressing. 4****. I ordered a tender, moist rockfish which was melt in your mouth grilled to perfection. 4****. It was accompanied by plain white rice and steamed zucchini. 3***. The Tavern staff are friendly. Attire is anything. This is a family friendly establishment. Frequent it! Everything it GOOD!