“Ambiance trumps food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemaire Restaurant

Lemaire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemaire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Ambiance trumps food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Not that the food is bad. It's quite delicious. But, the ambiance at the Jefferson and a view of Richmond's downtown make it hard to concentrate on the meal. If you can, have a drink at the bar before going into the dining room. The bar area has very comfy couches and gives you a different view. One word to the wise: the nuts are very smoky. I nearly choked on the unexpected flavor. Other than that, no complaints!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Coleraine, United Kingdom
“Disappointed !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The server was a lovely girl and very helpful but the food was dreadful. I was unable to eat my steak as the blood was running from it ( I asked for it to be cooked all the way through) they took it back and brought me the same steak back with the edge that I had cut seared but it was still bloody. I also requested no garlic but the vegetables were covered in garlic. I gave up at that stage and sent it back for the second time and had nothing to eat. We had ordered potatoes but my 2 companions had finished their meal by the time they were brought to the table. It was not a cheap meal but very disappointing. The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff really nice.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Overrated and much more expensive than shown”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Pretentious, but does not deliver. The service was seriously bad. The food was OK, not special. The tab for four - two students and grand parents - was $313 (including tip, a $28 dollar bottle of wine on special offer, Pellegrino, no other drinks and three deserts. Would have been worth it if the food was excellent and the service even minimal.

Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite setting; food to match”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Of course the Jefferson Hotel setting is exquisite! And the food at Lemaire is worthy of the setting. Love the philosophy of local sourcing of farm-fresh ingredients.

Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Lemaire...ok....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I recently decided to take my best friend here to celebrate a nice birthday dinner. This restaurant is located in the Jefferson Hotel which I think is absolutely beautiful. Had it not been for the beautiful decor I would have only give the actual restaurant 3 stars for average. Our server was mediocre and we found ourselves have to locate her when we needed refills and to place our orders. I had Up South Fried Green Tomatoes (per the recommendation of our server) and thought they were extremely bland. For my main course I decided to get something a little least risky and ordered the Benne Seed Crusted Salmon, I love salmon so much that I think no matter who prepares it I will satisfied. I did enjoy my Knob Creek Bourbon. They have an extensive bourbon/whiskey/scotch list. Altogether it was so so in my opinion but the birthday girl enjoyed herself as well as her food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Lemaire Restaurant? Share your experiences!