“Incredible Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lemaire Restaurant

Lemaire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemaire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Ruckersville, VA
“Incredible Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

The food was superb - best I've had in years. I had a lamb loin, Brussels sprouts with walnuts, baby bok choy, and sweet potato puree. my husband had monk fish with roasted tomato sauce and stuffed deep fried pepper. Both were fantastic. Every element of my dish was well-prepared and tasty on its own, but the combinations were divine. The crème brulee was quite heavy and creamy and delicious. I almost forgot to mention the great cocktail, pom something - which included basil and mint in a refreshing drink.

Visited November 2013

Glen Allen, VA
“Lemaire is great for breakfast, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

On Saturday, Oct 19 I took some out of town guests to The Jefferson for breakfast and to view this gorgeous old hotel. We couldn't do the famous Sunday brunch, so a plain Saturday morning breakfast was going to have to suffice. Little did I know that "plain old breakfast" would be served in Lemaire, with the wonderful rooms, furniture, chandeliers and moldings. Even better, both the food and the service were outstanding. I had an omelet with goat cheese and spinach that was outstanding. I asked for an English muffin, toasted hard and buttered. When I order this while traveling on business, it never comes correctly via room service! But at Lemaire, it was served perfectly. All three in my party had wonderful breakfast food, and our server was a lovely, tall, slender blonde who was so personable and articulate, yet always professional and appropriate. Bravo! Loved the whole experience. Cannot wait for my next set of out of town guests.

• Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Ambiance trumps food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Not that the food is bad. It's quite delicious. But, the ambiance at the Jefferson and a view of Richmond's downtown make it hard to concentrate on the meal. If you can, have a drink at the bar before going into the dining room. The bar area has very comfy couches and gives you a different view. One word to the wise: the nuts are very smoky. I nearly choked on the unexpected flavor. Other than that, no complaints!

• Visited March 2013
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“Disappointed !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The server was a lovely girl and very helpful but the food was dreadful. I was unable to eat my steak as the blood was running from it ( I asked for it to be cooked all the way through) they took it back and brought me the same steak back with the edge that I had cut seared but it was still bloody. I also requested no garlic but the vegetables were covered in garlic. I gave up at that stage and sent it back for the second time and had nothing to eat. We had ordered potatoes but my 2 companions had finished their meal by the time they were brought to the table. It was not a cheap meal but very disappointing. The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff really nice.

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“Overrated and much more expensive than shown”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Pretentious, but does not deliver. The service was seriously bad. The food was OK, not special. The tab for four - two students and grand parents - was $313 (including tip, a $28 dollar bottle of wine on special offer, Pellegrino, no other drinks and three deserts. Would have been worth it if the food was excellent and the service even minimal.

Visited October 2013

Been to Lemaire Restaurant? Share your experiences!