“BBQ”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
“BBQ”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I went here to see what all of the fuss was about. I have had bbq MANY places. This place is not my favorite.My husband and I split their sample platter. The country chicken was pretty good. We did not care for any of the sides. Ribs are pretty good. BBQ not that great. We had the burnt ends appetizer and they were the best thing we had there. I would get those again if I ever went back. The waitress was really nice but we waited FOREVER for our food. We were there for over an hour and half which is really long for food that has already been cooked, they just had to heat it up. Very reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2014

Rowlett, Texas
“Very Good Barbecue - But Bring Back The Old Menu!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

When I lived in Richmond, I used to enjoy eating here, and on my recent return visit to Richmond decided to drop in once again. The food and service were both excellent - some of the best barbecue in town. I only wish that they had kept the old menu, which had a much wider variety of selections than the new, smaller menu has. But having said that, this place is still a great place to get some good, down home barbecue.

I ordered the three-meat plate, selecting chopped pork, brisket, and hot link, with a side of cole slaw. All of the meats were tasty and tender, and the sauce was also quite good. There is a selection of sauces available in squeeze bottles on the tables as well, for those who want to add a little extra something to their meals. Service was attentive and pleasant.

The plate options on the new menu, while good, lack some of the goodies that they had on the old menu - such as a small ear of corn with the meal - and I don't think it was by accident that the manager came by during our meal to ask for our comments on the new menu. He had indicated that the general consensus seemed to be that the old menu was better - and it was. But the comparison is between very good and excellent, and even with the more limited menu, the choices are still good.

I will definitely return the next time I'm back in Richmond.

• Visited April 2014
Eden, North Carolina
“Great Food”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A little pricey to me but the food was excellent. Very convenient since you can walk to it from the hotel. It was my first time to eat at one of these chains.

Visited April 2014
Olympia
“Famously Famous”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Walked in in the early evening and was seated promptly. I ordered a full baby-back ribs order with the obligatory two sides. (And the spicy rub.). It was all I could do to finish them. And, talk about scrumptious. Great meal! Great service!

Great Falls, Virginia
“Yummy food; nice people”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We pulled into Famous Dave's for dinner after a less than enjoyable lunch experience elsewhere in the Richmond/Glen Allen area, and it was just what we needed. Extremely tasty BBQ and well made drinks. Special thanks to Rosalind at the bar who is one of those special workers who can be efficient while also sharing her lively personality with customers, which is seemingly not as easy as it sounds. I would come back for the food and her humor.

Visited March 2014