“damn”

Ranked #38 of 1,640 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 May 2014

brought here by a friend from Richmond and was I surprised. the food is good. oh so good. all seafood but nothing was bad. they have a full bar and the place can get a little crowded. good food will do that. almost everybody leaves the place with white styoform boxes as they give you a ton of food. try some of the sides. the cabbage you have thot you died and went to heaven. even if you don't like cabbage you will like theirs. ill be back next time im in Richmond. the broiled shrimp is heavenly.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I found this place on tripadvisor. We were staying in Richmond on our way to DC and wanted something that wasn't a "chain" restaurant. We went on a Friday night. It was PACKED!!! The waiting area was so small. Either you were standing too close to another person waiting or you're kind of invading the space of someone who is already sitting and eating. We ordered our food and it took forever for it to come out. My boyfriend ordered the massive seafood plate so that could be why. We didn't mind the wait though. We looked at other plates that were being brought out. Good food takes time to be prepared. The food was outstanding. The service was good. We would go back again.

1  Thank KLene83
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I was raised on fresh seafood so am very picky when it comes to seafood restaurants. This place is awesome. The food was fantastic and plentiful. The service was wonderful. Our server Trey was personable, attentive and made us feel very welcome. This restaurant is well worth traveling to and I'm sure we will be back again!

1  Thank Goofylvr364
Reviewed 30 March 2014

What can be done for this establishment to have a place where infants/babies can have their diapers changed?
My baby was in there today and there is no changing table in this facility or a counter near the sink even. A chair was requested so my baby could be changed in lap while sitting down. The resolution given from the establishment waitress/mgr was to - either walk back and change her in the car OR to carry a chair in the bathroom and then sanitize it ourselves afterwards. No lysol would be given we were to come up with our own cleaning solution; since a chair would have to be taken from the dining room to the bathroom. Therefore we could not have a chair since we didnt come equipped to sanitize it.

This is a family oriented business and as a paying patron I believe somewhere to change a baby should be accommodated. For that reason I am giving my rating. Food is great, service could be better, restrooms were dirty, place is tight or we would have changed her in the dining room although since she had a major stinky diaper that would be disrespectful to other patrons.

2  Thank CrysSivels
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Small -chairs un-comfortable. Crowded-Loud-Busy-Whole in the wall place. But the food you will remember. Hugh portions, corn bread and left overs will happen. Enjoy. P.S. They have carry out. Might be worth it..