“great breakfast”
Review of Moore Street Cafe

Moore Street Cafe
Ranked #543 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Description: We are an amazingly delicious, american breakfast and lunch spot with a casual, cozy, and friendly atmosphere.
United States
“great breakfast”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were trying to find a good local breakfast place in richmond and ended up choosing this place. It is NO FRILLS but food is terrific, it's very clean, amazing biscuits. Definitely would go back!

• Visited February 2014

“Amazing breakfast biscuits!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was referred to Moore Street Café by a friend. I own a shop right down the street and am tired of the same old fast food biscuits. I took a chance and got a bacon egg and cheese biscuit. Man it was awesome!!!! I've since been back several time's and now (unfortunately for my weight) I order two at a time. Fresh biscuits, real eggs, lot's of cheese and crisp bacon! All delicious. I've only had lunch once, it too was great. But I'm a breakfast kinda guy so I can stop eating those bacon egg and cheese biscuits. Curse you Moore Street Café! I've gained 10 pounds since quitting smoking and your biscuits are part of that! Keep up the great work!

• Visited January 2014
Wilmington
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I visited Moore Street Café for breakfast. There is such a downhome charm to the place. You feel as if you probably know everyone. Moore Street Café feels as if it is a restaurant in Mayberry when you enter. For me, that's a great thing.

I went for a late breakfast and was blown away by the amount of food for the price. It was really good too. I have no complaints at all. I was surprised that they used real eggs in the scrambled eggs. I am not a fan of the egg stuff from the milk type carton. I have nothing bad to say about the food at all. It was all delicious. Moore Street beats many chain restaurants.

• Visited September 2013
“Good home cooking!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife and I went for lunch and really enjoyed it. There are so many good looking choices that we had a hard time deciding what to order. Very clean and casual atmosphere. Our server was very efficient and friendly. We'll go back!

• Visited November 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“A great place for breakfast!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I love this place. It's a casual neighborhood weekday breakfast & lunch joint in a blue collar industrial section called Scott's Addition. The Moore Street Cafe is one of those places I took a chance on a few years ago based on the number of pick-up trucks & police cruisers parked out front (people who know good breakfast food at a fair price). Inside you will find a friendly staff and a collection of regular customers. I have usually been here for breakfast, and I've always had a meal I enjoyed. They have a daily early-bird breakfast special. They also have a Big Breakfast that I ordered once (okay, twice) and it came out on two plates, and I had to go home to take a nap afterwards. You'll get a great breakfast, made to order, served quickly by a friendly server. If you want to stray away from eggs, bacon & toast, you'll find other good options, too. The sausage gravy & biscuits: so good you'll slap your grandma! French toast: just like Mom made! And my friend Sarah loves their pancakes. I'm not a fan of corned beef hash, but I hear that's good, too. You can eat cheaper at a fast food drive-thru, but unless you're late for work, why would you want to? Keep in mind, Moore Street Cafe is only open for breakfast & lunch on weekday workdays, for us 99%.

• Visited June 2012