“Very yummy ribs!!!”

TD's Smokehouse Barbecue
Ranked #444 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Last night my husband and I went for a ride and ended up checking out TD's Smokehouse Barbecue. Be aware that even though their website says "dine-in" menu, their dine in seating consists of 3 barstools at a small bar. Other than that there is only outside seating. It is mostly take out and catering. We did a Family Dining Deal that came with a rack of ribs, 1lb pork bbq, 2 sides and sauce---also buns for the bbq. For sides we did the mac and cheese and the hush puppies. Both of us immediately went for the ribs and these looked and smelled incredible. They were very good. They had a wonderful smokey flavor that penetrated to the bone of the ribs...dare i say they are some of the best ribs i have ever had...my husband thought they were slightly dry but they were so flavorful that if they were I never noticed. The BBQ was good but I was a little dissapointed that the pork bbq did not have the same smokey flavor intensity that the ribs did. It was not the best bbq that I have had but still very good. We LOVED the hushpuppies. They were exactly as a hushpuppie should be :) Also the mac and cheese was very good. It was a bit oily and that may be a turn off for some but it kind of tasted like maybe they use some of the drippings from the meat in the mac and cheese which gave it an outstanding flavor. Its is very rich so I was only able to eat a few bites but I did really like it and would get it again next time. I will definitely return for the ribs and sides and I would like to try some of the other BBQ and brisket...we lucked out and were able to sit at the little bar but just know that most likely you will need to take it to go here---enjoy.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

This was a great find. We ended up here as many local places are closed on Sundays and we didn't feel like driving through town. We got the combo package--ribs and pork, two sides, rolls, sauce--as well as an extra pound of brisket for four people. We had MUCH more than enough, and the bill was just about $40. The ribs were some of the best I've had and I travel to try different places. The pork was excellent--a great flavor, good texture, no fat. The brisket was good but had a bit much of the fat cap left for my taste. Easy to pick off, though, as the meat was so tender. The sides--fries and baked beans--were adequate: We had a tough time agreeing on which to get. The barbecue sauces were good--one of them had a real tang. The only downside was the rolls, which were mediocre--but who wants carbs when you have all this meat available?

Reviewed 7 August 2009

TD's has fantastic BBQ. We have used them to cater our Luau every year for the last 8 years. All of our guests are extremely pleased with the food and Scott is fantastic to work with.

We have also had the ribs and they melt in your mouth. Don't miss out Richmond!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2009

Best BBQ in Richmond! From the brisket and pork sliced and pulled by hand, to the pork ribs smothered in tangy sauce - nothing beats the flavor of a 1/4 inch of smoke ring in the meat. GO!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook