“Great food and environment setting.”

The Grapevine Greek & Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grapevine Greek & Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cox Road
Transit: N/A
Description: Indulge yourself with our authentic Greek entrees, homemade Italian dishes, and Mary's incredible desserts. We know you will absolutely love our homemade moussaka, gyro platter, spanakopita, and fresh hummus. Or try our tasty eggplant parmigiana, stuffed shells, pizza, or chicken marsala! We also have an extensive wine list, including specialty & house wines. You'll want to save room for Mary's famous cannolis, baklava, or the incredible belgian mousse cake, layers of rich chocolate and chocolate fudge topped with dark chocolate flakes. The Grapevine is proudly owned & operated by the Trak family. We strive to keep the quality of food, atmosphere, & personal service impeccable standards! Dine-In; Carry Out; Private Banquet Facility offering options for Limited Menus, Buffet, or Family-Style Service; On and Off Site Catering; Concessional Services. History Established in 2001. The Grapevine tradition started with the beliefs and dreams of one man, Michael J. Trak. "Chef Mike" (as his friends and co-workers call him) came to America in 1971 with nothing more than a five-dollar bill, generations of family recipes in his pocket, and a passion for the kitchen. He cooked, baked and sauteed his way through restaurant kitchens, never missing a single day of work. On December 12, 2001, The Grapevine was opened in the Granville Square Shopping Center. The Grapevine quickly established a loyal clientele and was rated a prestigious "A" by the Richmond Times Dispatch. Michael, Mary, Mitchell, Marianne, Rita and Gabor make great efforts everyday to make their guests feel like they are family. They strive to keep the quality of food, atmosphere and service better than any chain restaurant. Chef Mike and Mary spend most of their time in the kitchen, but every now and then you will see them poke their heads out into the dining area and mingle with the guests.
Richmond, Virginia
“Great food and environment setting.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went for dinner and enjoyed the food and setting. Very homely place with family type of staff. Food menu was Greek and Italian selections with wine. I will go back there again and try another item in the menu that I didn't have before.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank pin2ver2

Henrico, Virginia
“Very Disappointing Special Occassion Dinner”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Well reservations were made for this "special occasion dinner". We decided not to try a new place and returned to an old favorite place, The Grapevine Restaurant, where I have had many very good dinners for many years. A mistake was made concerning our reservation; however, similar seating was made available. The mixed drinks were good; however, the J Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon was not that good ($10.00 a glass). Either the Peach Moscato or the marinara sauce gave my mother an upset stomach that night (Note: One "big" and one "small meatball" for spaghetti at $13.99??). My wife and I had the Chicken Parmigiana which was served burnt with a pasty pasta sauce on the spaghetti. We waited about an hour for this terrible meal. As information, the bread was served early, but without butter or dipping oil. The anchovies were served after the greek salad was almost gone. At almost an hour and a half into our visit the manager did come over after a comment was made to the waitress. They offered to make us another meal. Based on the quality of the sauces/food and wait time we opted for complimentary desserts. The baklava and cannoli were good, as was the bread. I hope that they get their act together and return to the very good level of quality of food and service that they had in 2013 and prior years. Wondering where the original owners/chef are and who is responsible for this very disappointing special occasion dinner. You can find us dining at the Olive Garden near Short Pump Towne Center for better Italian food. Hope to write a better review of the grapevine in the future.

• Visited May 2014
“Awesome experience every time”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I recently moved to richmond from Northern Va and I am a huge Italian and Greek fan, So I had to find a new place for my favorite cravings. I tried all different restaurants and I have to say this place is phenomenal - and not just the food! The service is wonderful, the waiting staff makes sure your dining experience with them is perfect. Super down to earth people there. It is now my go to place for their pizza and their gyros. They have a great selection of wines and beer as well! Not to mention the drink specials! But seriously if you are craving Italian or Greek food, you must go here. I always make sure to order extra rolls too when I leave (ha!)

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Chelsea O
Annapolis, Maryland
“Greek to the Max”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Whenever we visit my Mother-In-Law in Richmond, we always try to goto dinner at the Grapevine. Last night we had an exceptional experience. Our waitress Austin provided great service and manager John kept stopping by to ensure all was well. Of special note was the Seafood a la Greek which included scallops and shrimp over a bed of spaghetti with a red sauce and topped with feta cheese. Although the food has been superb in the past, this dish sold out...can't wait until our next visit.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bill D
Strongsville, Ohio
“A nice moderately priced restaurant”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Good homemade avgolemono soup! A wide variety of Greek/Mediterranean & Italian dishes. Good, friendly service!

Visited December 2013