“Delicious”

Ranked #387 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast here this morning. It was delicious. We are visiting family who raved about it, they weren't lying. French toast was amazing and the atmosphere was very friendly. We will be back on our next trip to VA.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

When I travel I try to avoid chain restaurants when possible. We found this place which had a great breakfast. The interior was very dated - but that was part of the appeal. There was a group in the corner of the room doing some type of bible study(?) which added to the flavor of this places local hangout feel. Waitress kept the coffee full and cornbeef hash was great. Bathroom a little rundown.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Maître d was friendly; probably manager or owner. From there, the experience went downhill fast. I had to ask three times for silverware and then only one set came! Had to ask again for the second set. Asked for sausage; got bacon. Got two coffees because the waitresses couldn't decide who had my table. Had pancakes, which were fine, but nothing special. Home fries were bland (like McDonalds french fries). Waitress disappeared without saying anything; a new waitress came on, but she didn't seem to think she had my table. For the first time in maybe 10 years, I left no tip. Really, really bad.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My sister and I were in the area so we stopped in for lunch. The atmosphere is family-friendly with a Retro look of the 60s and 70s. This restaurant has a broad ‘all American’ menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We dined on an omelet (done to perfection), with a side of potato slices (yummy), lunch combo (tasty) and coffee. The wait staff was friendly – good value for the money – and service good. This restaurant has been around for a lot of years and has had its ‘ups and downs’ but is trying to make a come back.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The servers were attentive, although they seemed to be rushing around even though the place was at less than half capacity. They were polite and ready to refill your coffee and water. The food however left much to be desired. They lacked any type of flavor, and was also cold. The grits were very grainy, the waffles sloppily thrown together, and the eggs lacked substance. The syrup was watery and not very good although they did offer it for sale at check out. Coffee was decent and so was the hot chocolate.